Is there a gay accent in English?

Turtle   Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 am GMT
No, why would it be? Gays are theoretically repressed, so their rights must be put into effect. Those who are against them are white males who have held power since the beginning of time. Fuck them enough is enough!

There are no double standards here, guest. Too bad if you saw any.
devil's advocate   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:38 am GMT
What about incest? As long as they don't have children there should be no objection, yes? So? Are they oppressed? Would you allow it?
Myrtle   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:55 am GMT
There's a history of gay couples with adopted children, in Netherlands and Sweden for instance. Researches do not show anomalies in development of those children.
Shuimo fan   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:58 am GMT
Some studies show that the percentage of homosexuals is higher among adults who were raised by other homosexuals than in the case of those raised by heterosexual couples during their childhood. I'm not saying being homosexual is an anomaly though.
Myrtle   Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:59 pm GMT
Other studies do not show that. Anyway it's much better to be raised by caring homos than by abusive hetero family, imho and btw.
Shuimo fan   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm GMT
<<Other studies do not show that. Anyway it's much better to be raised by caring homos than by abusive hetero family, imho and btw. >>

You say it as if there were only abusing hetero couples and nice homo couples. There are homo couples who may abuse from their children too. For each couple of homos there is a couple of nice heterosexual parents willing to have the children mother Nature denied them.
Guest   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:47 pm GMT
"For each couple of homos there is a couple of nice heterosexual parents willing to have the children mother Nature denied them. "

OH YEAH, SHUIMO FAN, AND THAT'S WHY THERE ARE STILL MILLIONS, AND I MEAN MILLIONS OF ORPHANS ALL OVER THE WORLD, MANY OF WHOM DON'T EVEN HAVE AN ORPHANAGE!
Myrtle   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:49 pm GMT
That's why social workers exist. Being a parent is not about sexual orientation, it's about caring for the children, that's all I say.
Jasper   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 pm GMT
"Some studies show that the percentage of homosexuals is higher among adults who were raised by other homosexuals than in the case of those raised by heterosexual couples during their childhood. "

This defies common sense.

After all, homosexuals are reared by heterosexuals in the vast majority of cases; these parents obviously could not teach them their heterosexuality.

In fact, if this were true, homosexuality would be exceedingly rare.
Shuimo fan   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:57 pm GMT
"For each couple of homos there is a couple of nice heterosexual parents willing to have the children mother Nature denied them. "

Sorry, I meant:

"For each couple of homos there are MANY couples of nice heterosexual parents willing to have the children mother Nature denied them. "
Jasper   Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:21 pm GMT
Reading this thread, it appears that China is experiencing some "social lag".

To be fair, so is the US to some extent.
well? no answers?   Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:12 pm GMT
<<What about incest? As long as they don't have children there should be no objection, yes? So? Are they oppressed? Would you allow it? >>

Why can't the pro-gay camp ever answer the hard questions?
Guest   Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:13 pm GMT
There are no laws against incest...... You can fuck you sister/brother/parents, as long as you don't have children, which is in your own interests.
Jasper   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 pm GMT
"well, no anwsers?", I am not sure I could be classified as "pro-gay"; rather, I am bewildered at what the fuss is all about.

To address your question: your question is not a heart-felt question--and you know it; it's a question designed to tittilate and embarrass. If it WERE a genuine question, I'd submit to you that it's not a very good analogy. Incest could be better compared with necrophilia or pederasty, in that it's not acceptable to no known culture on the face of the earth.

A better analogy might be to compare homosexuality with polygamy. A lot of religious people in the US are appalled by the polygamy that the Mormons practice in Utah, for example, but from my point of view, what two or more adults do in the privacy of their own home is no concern of mine, and if a man wants to have more than one wife--or marry another man--I frankly couldn't care less.
well, no anwsers?   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 pm GMT
<<Incest could be better compared with necrophilia or pederasty, in that it's not acceptable to no known culture on the face of the earth.
>>

Um actually it is. Marrying your cousins has been done for MILLENNIA, only recently did it become taboo. Marrying a cousin is MUCH more widespread and common in history than homosexuality. So why the bad rap?

As for marrying a direct family member, it has been done in many royal families. If the king can do it it sure must be acceptable...