Who votes antimoon makes it so you have to register to post?

Trimac20   Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 am GMT
The constant spamming/trolling detracts from my enjoyment of this forum so I wholeheartedly think the mods should make it so you have to register to post. Who would agree to this petition?
there are plenty of other   Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:17 am GMT
Basically, there are hundreds of forums with registration, feel free to join one ot them with the click of a mouse. Seriously, go to Google and type "linguistics/English language/language learning/ESL forum" and see for yourself. Why do you insist so strongly on changing this one instead of just finding another? I think some people want to stay here because Antimoon has a unique more free discussion and less sensibilities or forum politics. Well what do you think is gonna happen if you add registration? It'll turn into something exactly like those other ones on google...
So why bother changing it if you can just join one of those forums? It would be a better idea just to cancel the site completely than add registration...
Edward Teach   Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:30 am GMT
exactly. Why not just enjoy the forum for what it is?
Allagash Hrabash   Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:07 am GMT
Looks like the vote total is:

Registration - 1
No registration - 2
Guest   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:02 am GMT
I vote against registration. I would stop coming here if there registration.
Caspian   Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:10 am GMT
I vote for registration.
Robin Michael   Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:16 am GMT
You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about what Antimoon is about. Antimoon supports software sold by Tom*. That software is called Supermemo. Antimoon is not a democracy. You do not get a vote. On a more postive side, you don't have to pay either!
Robin Michael   Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:26 am GMT
<<Who would agree to this petition?>>

Exactly, you would be petitioning Tom* in the same way as you might petition royalty.

Dear Tom

Could you please do something to improve the Moderation of the Forum? We appreciate that you have more important things to do with your life. We appreciate that Antimoon probably brings in very little money. However there are one or two people who are quite attached to Antimoon who most humbly petition you to improve the moderation on this Forum.

In the meantime I will have a look to see how my Topic on holocaust deniers is getting on.

Holocaust Denial
Robin Michael Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:40 pm GMT

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t15115.htm
Dalai Lama   Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 am GMT
Against.
Shuimo   Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 am GMT
That is the most imbecile idea anyone cud propose to this forum!
Armada   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:46 am GMT
I don't care.
1   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:54 am GMT
Vote for registration
Casual Sex   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:57 am GMT
I like Antimoon the way it is - casual.
angle in disguise   Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:39 pm GMT
Why not having three fora, English and Languages being moderated but permanent, and a thrid one for trolling/silliness etc. not being moderated but with autodelete postings after seven days?
Caspian   Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:48 pm GMT
Haha I love that idea - maybe in each country we should built a city with nobody living in it, where criminals can go and vandalise things without causing a nuisance to society^^