Forms of Spanish are most likely to break from Castilian

La Hostia   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:30 am GMT
@ -Sp- what/where are your sources? Fantasizing should be kept to yourself.

@ Awesome - you write terrible Italian. il anno passato = l'anno passato / l'anno scorso + la universita = l'università. By the way, birra is not exclusively Argentinean. I have heard Chicanos using it too, probably due to English influence.

Old English bēor < late Latin biber "drink" < bibere "to drink"

@ everybody else - this is just another attempt to spark (speculative) pointless debate. This forum ought to be regulated.
Penetra   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 am GMT
Pete,

My theory goes like this: the current holly war being waged on Antimoon between "French" and "Spanish" speakers is actually a piss contest between American high school students. Those on the "French" side are kids who flunked at Spanish, and vice-versa. Both are pissed off at the other side.
This theory explains very plausibly the childishness and the poor innuendo based on shoddy internet search passing off as "information".
Gordo   Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:12 am GMT
Pete from Peru,

Thanks for your commentaries, it is indeed helpful. It's good to see there are still some sensible people left here besides trolls (although I am convinced that there is only one principal troll, an Anglo who posts both anti-Spanish and anti-French messages at once).
Bwahahahahahaha!   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:15 pm GMT
<< Those places sound nice in Italian. Italian would be more important than French if it was spoken in Argentina:

Argentina +Italia =100 millions.

France+Quebec+Wallonia+Swiss France= 75 millions

Do you really want that?. >>

France+Quebec+Acadia+Franco Ontario+Wallonia+Romandy+DOM-TOM+Frqancophone Africa = 110 million

Castilia+Bogota = 25 million

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
vv   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:32 pm GMT
Castilian: Yolanda
LatAm: Jolanda

Castilian: Todo
LatAm: To'o

Castilian: Para
Venezuelan: Pa

Castilian: Puerta
LatAm: Puelta

Castilian: Yo
LatAm: Jo

Castilian: Coger is to take
LatAm Copulation

Castilian: Carro means hearse
LatAm: Carro means car

Plus you can hear Spanish clip syllables like the Mexicans say "accidents de cochs" obviously a poor copy of French pronunciation.

In addition, large part of Hispanic America either omit vowels or consonants at the end of the words.

The development of Afrikaans paralleled the evolution of LatAm Spanish. One day you'll wake up that Venezuelans, Chileans, Uruguayans, Guatemalans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans already declared linguistic independence. Even educated speakers to tend to speak these bastardized forms of Spanish because according to them, Castilian is bookish and they hate it.

As for Argentina, Italian will supersede Spanish there.

At least, in Quebec and Acadia they speak the standard form perfectly. In fact, the differences between the 2 forms of French and Metro French are narrowing. The evidence is rolled or thrilled are now replaced by uvular r. Oi is now pronounced as wa and no longer we. The local terms are now being replaced by standard terms. Nobody in Hispanic America are willing to give up seseo for thetheo. Would you believe that vosotros is unheard in Hispanic America.

BTW, Chamorro, Papiamento and Chavacano speakers always mistaken LatAm Spanish as dialects of their speeches.
Penetre   Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm GMT
<< My theory goes like this: the current holly war being waged on Antimoon between "French" and "Spanish" speakers is actually a piss contest between American high school students. Those on the "French" side are kids who flunked at Spanish, and vice-versa. Both are pissed off at the other side.
This theory explains very plausibly the childishness and the poor innuendo based on shoddy internet search passing off as "information". >>

PARANOID!
Franco   Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:46 pm GMT
The anti Spanish spammer wants to keep his nationality in secret. I think that he does so because his country is far from being a first class one. Also this way he can pass for a French, a American or whatever as required.
Portuguese maybe? Just a guess.
Uias   Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm GMT
Stop being childish and face the reality.
Spanish is a patchwork.
Differences between spanishs are way bigger than quebecer-french and in some cases is less understandable than portuguese. Like pete said, if one peruan and one spaniard have a conversation,they cant understand each other.They prefer to talk in english or portuguese.
Uian   Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:17 pm GMT
Peruvian.
Note that many people say that Peru have the most neutral accent of la hispanidad,this patchwork.
JGreco   Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:53 pm GMT
"Pete,

My theory goes like this: the current holly war being waged on Antimoon between "French" and "Spanish" speakers is actually a piss contest between American high school students. Those on the "French" side are kids who flunked at Spanish, and vice-versa. Both are pissed off at the other side.
This theory explains very plausibly the childishness and the poor innuendo based on shoddy internet search passing off as "information". "

hahahaha.......rsrsrsrsrs.......I completely agree:)
Agostinho   Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:16 pm GMT
Boy oh boy. I would like to see the reactions of the Spaniards here when they finally decide to split from Castilian. It won't be pretty I can tell you that.
Franco   Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:36 pm GMT
I think that the only thing that has splitted is your head from the rest of your body, Agostinho. You are like a headless chicken that keeps on walking around.
La Hostia   Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:17 pm GMT
@vv

You are stereotyping all Latin-Americans with a mostly carribean trait. People tend to speak like what you have written where there have been large communities of African people.

">Plus you can hear Spanish clip syllables like the Mexicans say "accidents de cochs"<"

What/where are your sources?
Pete from Peru   Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:46 am GMT
Penetra and JGreco said:

<<"Pete,

This theory explains very plausibly the childishness and the poor innuendo based on shoddy internet search passing off as "information". "

hahahaha.......rsrsrsrsrs.......I completely agree:)>>

Yeah, I think you've got it right!!!

VV said:

<<Castilian: Yolanda
LatAm: Jolanda

Castilian: Todo
LatAm: To'o

Castilian: Para
Venezuelan: Pa

Castilian: Puerta
LatAm: Puelta

Castilian: Yo
LatAm: Jo

Castilian: Coger is to take
LatAm Copulation

Castilian: Carro means hearse
LatAm: Carro means car

Plus you can hear Spanish clip syllables like the Mexicans say "accidents de cochs" obviously a poor copy of French pronunciation. >>

Bollocks.

"to'o" and "pa" can be heard anywhere in the Spanish speaking world. Puelta is a pronunciation that occurs in Puerto Rican Spanish. I, for example, don't say "puelta". In fact we mock that pronunciation here in South America because of sounding "sloppy or childish" (but that's highly subjective)

Uias said:

<<Like pete said, if one peruan and one spaniard have a conversation,they cant understand each other.They prefer to talk in english or portuguese.>>

Utter rubbish. I never said that. Read my post again, mate.

This guys don't even speak nor know anything about Spanish but still they dare come here and post a crapload of rubbish...

It's incredible how far ignorance can go. The funny thing is you give them real info so they actually learn something, but they just rejecting and keep on posting their rubbish.

(rolling eyes)

Regards
Penetra   Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:02 am GMT
Like I said, Pete, looks like a high-school student's idea of fun. A very lazy student, should I add.