Brazilians might as well just speak Spanish...

Penetra   Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:49 am GMT
Folks, I, the original Penetra, am a guy. Can't you'all get someone to translate the pun in the nick for you?
Franco   Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:47 pm GMT
Names ending in -a are considered to be feminine in many cultures. Maybe you like to play looking sexually ambiguous like many Brazilian men.
Lampard   Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 pm GMT
She is evinoria.
Is a miserable spanish teacher in Brazil.
is the same person who said she understands Spanish better than eur. Portuguese. among others things.
Franco   Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:03 pm GMT
She is a miserable English teacher shemale. I've observed that she likes to point out some one's else mistakes in English. Her work is futile, Brazilian's level of English is horrendous and will always be. Hispanics speak English much better than the Lusophones. That's not saying much, but Brazilians speak English like a monkey.
Ren   Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:34 pm GMT
OMG...you obviously have not been in the US franco. Hispanic are idiots at other languages!!!!!!! wow...horrible. How can someone that has such a basic language such as spanish, with only 5 vowels making you people sound like machine guns learn a language like english that easily!?!?!?!!?! Americans themselves have said the oposite, we speak much better english than you people. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA hispanics speak good english my ass lol
Ren   Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 pm GMT
Ignorance is bliss...since we are not most cultures, we can have names ending with a that are not female.

O Penetra, or A Penetra
Franco   Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm GMT
yes, for example "Lula", name which sounds utterly ridiculous for Spanish speakers. It looks more like the name one would give to his pet.
Ren   Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:08 pm GMT
Lula is an idiot.
Franco   Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:14 pm GMT
An idiot voted by most of the Brazilians so most of the Brazilians are idiots. Anyways it is not relevant whether he is an idiot or not (I don't think so because he strongly supports the Spanish language). The point is absurd names like "Lula" are common among Brazilian men. In Spain that is the kind of names one would give to his she dog.
Franco   Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:22 pm GMT
Penetra, if you are among us manifest yourself and tell us the level of English Brazilian people have. I want to laugh a bit.
Penetra   Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:54 am GMT
Franco,

Perdonáme pero tengo una duda: cual és el género de la palabra "motorista" en español? Y "dentista"? Muchas gracias por adelantado.
Ren, most Brazilians don't speak any English (just like most Mexicans or Argentinians). Middle class Brazilians generally are able to speak atrocious English, just like their counterparts in Mexico or Colombia, but the latter are at least able to practice it more, because they're closer to Gringolandia.
Spanish people aren't able to speak any foreign language, but to their credit, they manage to make the Italians bend over backwards trying to speak Spanish to Spanish tourists in Italy.
Glad to be of help, have a nice day.
bubbus   Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:04 am GMT
<<Names ending in -a are considered to be feminine in many cultures. >>

In English, we have the common man's name "Bubba". I guess "Bubbo" sounds too much like a foaming cleanser of some kind, so guys call themselves "Bubba". We even used to have a poster here (possibly from the south) who went by the name "Bubba", back in the days when I called myself "guest".
Wayne not from Spain   Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:12 am GMT
<<Nueva York
Nueva Jersey>>

Of course, on the radio or TV it always sounds to us like:

Nueva Jork
Nueva Yersey

also:

Jail Juniversity (in New Haven)
Junion County (in New Jersey)
Franco   Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:35 am GMT
<<Perdonáme pero tengo una duda: cual és el género de la palabra "motorista" en español? Y "dentista"? Muchas gracias por adelantado.

>>

Depende de si el motorista es un hombre o una mujer. Tú conduces motos o prefieres cabalgar?
Franco   Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:18 pm GMT
<<In English, we have the common man's name "Bubba" >>

Is it a black name that became common ?