Brazilians might as well just speak Spanish...

Ren   Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:22 pm GMT
Wait Penetra, where did I say Brazilians spoke english????
An average European guy   Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm GMT
<<people on brazils north-northeast-center cant even find his own country or state in a map>>
From my own experience, having wandered across so many "modern" and "highly educated" European countries like Germany, France, Austria and England, all I can say is:
- In Brazil there are snakes everyhwere, we live in tree houses and we don't have telephones
- Germans believe we speak entweder Spanish or Brasilianisch, to the point they greet you with a painful Hola que tal
- Austrians seem to be sure that the capital city of Brazil is either Rio de Janeiro or Buenos Aires
- The English think we are located in Africa and our national dance is salsa, along with other caribbean beats...fiesta...give me a fuc**ng break!!
- French did happen to know we speak portuguese, but they had no clue that when Europeans have winter, down there we have summer.
All of this has been empirically proved. And, btw, the interviewed subjects weren't farmers isolated in one 23-inhabitants hidden village up in the Tirol. Main cities, managers, brokers, teachers (oh yeah) and students. Europe is a place where uneducated people can make a pretty damn good living without having to know much beyond its own hometown boundaries. Youtube video on this issue soon. Cheers ;)
Jeff   Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 pm GMT
It's because Brazil is not very popular in Europe, people know it vaguely, think it is nice and dangerous at the same time, but they never really wanna go there, it has some kind of faded exotic taste...European tourists go to Thailand, or Bali or Maldives when they want an exotic holiday.Is sad but it's true...
Franco   Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:39 pm GMT
I heard that Brazil is dangerous for Western tourists. Of course if you strictly stay in the hotel and other facilities for tourists you will be safe, but many tourists who chose visiting Brazil on their own had problems. Argentina or Chile look safer options.
sick   Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 pm GMT
Europeans like to go to Thailand and Asia where they can rape children. Street children carry guns in Brazil to blow away European child rapists.
Franco   Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:35 pm GMT
In Brazil you can buy organs pretty cheap in the black market
European tourist   Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am GMT
<<In Brazil you can buy organs pretty cheap in the black market
>>

Very true.
bubbus   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:14 am GMT
<<Is it a black name that became common ? >>

Perhaps, but it may also be Greek:

http://www.babynamescountry.com/meanings/Bubba.html

You usually associate it with unpretentious white guys from the south, perhaps even rednecks or hillbillies.

That being said, I often pass through Fleischmanns, NY, near my "summer cabin". It's said that there are 3 type of people in Fleischmanns: Mexican immigrants, Hasidic Jews, and Hillbillies. I'm not a Mexican immigrant (although some would say I was born in Aztlan), and I'm definitely not a Hasidic Jew.
Ren   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:31 pm GMT
Franco, Stop making shit up. It is incredible how much garbage that comes out of your mouth. Really? Do you have a life? I HEARD the spanish love inbreeding, so why don't you go have sex with your mother, brother, sister or dog?
Franco   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:40 pm GMT
<<Perhaps, but it may also be Greek:

http://www.babynamescountry.com/meanings/Bubba.html

>>

They guy who wrote that was drunk. Boy in Greek is phedos, not "bubba".
I've found that bubba comes from "brother". But it looks AAVE to me.
Franco   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:44 pm GMT
Maybe in African cultures -a means masculine.
Maradona   Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:19 pm GMT
My name is so male.
I am the average hispanic male.
Franco   Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:36 pm GMT
Maradona is not a name, it is an Italian surname.