Italian? Spanish?or Portuguese?

nahuatl   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:03 pm GMT
I've heard that Mexican Spanish has preserved some words that are considered "archaic" in Spain.
kruG   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:40 pm GMT
«Tectonic plates do not exactly match geographic entities. Sicily belongs to the African plate despite it is an island of Europe. Azores belong to Europe for all purposes, nobody includes these islands in North America. You are so desperate to inflate numbers that now Azores is North America.»

So now you know how desperate you are by saying North and South America are 2 continents.

«Spanish: spoken in North America, Europe and South America. 3 Continents.» LOL!
Ren   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 pm GMT
<<So now you know how desperate you are by saying North and South America are 2 continents.

>>

North and South America are two continents according to non Spanish speaking countries, but that stupidity about the Azores lying in North America is news to me.
kruG   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:11 pm GMT
« North and South America are two continents according to non Spanish speaking countries »

I understand them, i don't want to have anything in common with them either but unfortunately they're in the same continent.

« but that stupidity about the Azores lying in North America is news to me. »

Why am i not suprised? Maybe because spics are ignorant and make up things like North and South America being 2 continents.

Fact 1 - South America is the southern part of America and North America is the northern part of America.
Fact 2 - Corvo and Flores are in the North American plate.
Ren   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:23 pm GMT
North America (Spanish: América del Norte or Norteamérica; French: Amérique du Nord) is the northern continent of the Americas,[4] situated in the Earth's northern hemisphere and in the western hemisphere. It is bordered on the north by the Arctic Ocean, on the east by the North Atlantic Ocean, on the southeast by the Caribbean Sea, and on the west by the North Pacific Ocean. To the southeast lies South America.

Anyways if Azores was in North America so what? Azores has only a few thousands of inhabitants, that does not make Portuguese a language of North America. If we get so picky then Pascua Island is in Oceania and is a Spanish speaking island, whereas there are no Portuguese speaking islands in Oceania.
Ren   Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:43 am GMT
as much as I hate to do this, I agree with Franco.
M   Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:41 am GMT
Spanish if you want to live in USA or South America, elsewhere French.
Chiesha   Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:35 am GMT
Actually I've just wanted to figure out which would be the most useful language in Asia or East Asia, among Italian, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese (not European Portuguese).
Latino   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:08 am GMT
Chiesha, the answer is that no one of them is really important in East Asia. Only English is an important European language in Asia.

However, a lot of members of the APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) are Spanish speaking countries, like Mexico, Peru or Chile. Colombia and Ecuador will be members in the near future.

Besides, there are 2 countries where there are important minorities that speak Spanish, like USA and Philippines.

When there is a meeting among all the Presidents of the APEC, English and Spanish are probably the most spoken languages. The Presidents of Mexico, Peru, Chile and Philippines speak Spanish, and Obama speaks also some Spanish.

The official language of APEC is English, but Chinese and Spanish are promoted languages, and it will be probably official in the near future.
iphone   Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 am GMT
You should choose Italian.
Ren   Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:39 am GMT
Man...the use of my name has become popular here. lol