Boycott Canada for hunting seal!

Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:21 pm GMT
I would be extremely surprised if that were the case.

The majority of people don't go hunting, engage in warfare or randomly attack people.

I think you will find that people who are prone to violant expression would do so in more than one way.

Also the majority of people who enjoy past times like hunting are bacwards yokels who have never finished a book in their entire lives and consider washing to be a sign of weakness.
Franco   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:22 pm GMT
Hunting is an instinct of the human being, you can't fight against instincts. Maybe it is no longer necessary for our survival, but if someone finds amusing hunting fox, leave him alone. While he respects laws about where to haunt and how he is not doing any damage to anybody.
Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:25 pm GMT
Except the fox of course.

Its also human instict to kill people we feel threatened by, do you condone that as well?
Franco   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:31 pm GMT
Sorry but a fox , a wild boar or a dove are not "somebody".

<<Its also human instict to kill people we feel threatened by, do you condone that as well? >>

It depends, there is something called right of self-defense and might include killing in some cases. I guess that you would prefer being killed by your agressor instead of defending yourself so someone could write onto your tumb the following: " here lies a hero of political correctness".
Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:35 pm GMT
I suppose you would consider anything not human as being unworthy of life? A mere plaything for human entertainment?

Did I ctually mention self-defence killing? no.

A person who not only names a firearm but then boasts of it online is highly suspect.
pepactonius   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm GMT
<<While he respects laws about where to haunt and how he is not doing any damage to anybody. >>

Actually, hunters do all of us great service. Around here, wolves were wiped out long ago, and the coyotes (despite weighing up to 70 pounds) don't seem to do a good job controlling the deer population. The deer are overrunning the place eating up everything, making reforestation difficult. Hunting is the main method of deer population control now, although the number of deer is still way too high.

As for bears, consider all the bear problems down in West Milford NJ (very limited bear hunting is reluctantly allowed in NJ, sometimes ). Up here, where bear hunting is used to manage the beaer population, you can count on the thumb of one hand the number of people eaten by bears in the last decade (and that was at least 30 miles away).
Franco   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 pm GMT
Not at all, I would forbid haunting endangered species, but not because their individuals have the right to live themselves as they are inferior living beings, but in order to preserve that species, which is different. Animals don't have the right to live, otherwise we could not eat meat. So I don't understand your question about animals being unworthy of life. Of course they are. As for Lucille now that you mention her, I explained that I don't haunt and I concede another poster's point, it seems very boring yet I respect other people's right to haunt. I might use her only in case of immigrants assaulting my house.
Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 pm GMT
Your words are extremely disturbing franco. Why mention immigrants?

Do I really have to explain the difference between hunting for sport and food again?

and its HUNT you fucking moron, not haunt.
Franco   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:54 pm GMT
It's the same, whether you haunt for food or for leisure , if you do you are negating animals' right to live. If you are dying of hunger you can't kill another person to eat him on the other hand because people do have the right to live but not animals. Do I really have to explain again the difference between human beings and animals?.
Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 pm GMT
Were we discussing the hunting of people?

So its ok to kill animals for any reason? why? because they are inferior? says you?

Did I mention that killing people is ok? no.

You on the other hand froth at the mouth when talking about your rifle and the opportunity to use it on a human being.
Franco   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:19 pm GMT
Haunting is not "any reason". I never said you can dispose of animals' lives the way you want, but not because they have the right to live, there are other things involved. You can't walk along the street and kill every dog or cat you come across because they are animals and don't have the right to live. They don't but acting that way is not socially acceptable either. So don't dumb down this conversation with your cheap demagogy. Hunting is a sport with many benefits for environment in some cases and it is as a valid argument to make use of animals' lives as growing chickens for food. Furthermore, those domestic chickens have suffered much more than animals killed by a hunter. Stress, overpopulation of farms, dubious quality of feed, and so on are a real torture which lasts the whole lifetime of the animal whereas a hunter does his job in seconds. Hunting is the most human way of killing an animal, no matter if real motivation is not getting food. In the end a killed animal does not care if it will be used as food or not. If I were a duck I would prefer being hunted someday than living in an ugly farm.
Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:45 pm GMT
It's "hunting", idiot. You are stupid.
Irony   Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:18 am GMT
The above post isn't really mine though I agree with the sentiment.

If you had read the O.P. you would know that the people who hunt seals are not only cruel beyond human understanding but also have no concern for the environmement whatsoever. The way they hunt is wasteful and sadistic.
Franco   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 am GMT
<<If you had read the O.P. you would know that the people who hunt seals are not only cruel beyond human understanding but also have no concern for the environmement whatsoever. The way they hunt is wasteful and sadistic.

>>

Don't forget that hunters also eat babies and worship Lucifer.
bashcarnivore   Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:02 pm GMT
"Animals don't have the right to live, otherwise we could not eat meat."

Animals have the same right to live as we have, that's why we may not eat meat. It's wrong, and you are a cornhole.