What's gone wrong with Antimoon?

Wow   Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 am GMT
In the past few weeks I've noticed how more and more of the topics on this forum have had more to do about nationality issues, and less about language issues.

What has gone wrong?
crunch   Mon May 24, 2010 4:37 am GMT
Nationality issues and language issues are closely linked, like it or not. In an unmoderated forum, the chances of a discussion deviating from one to the other is quite high.

What's wrong with nationality issues anyway? Or are you just fresh out of the censored multicultural media PC tolerance fest? Well, in that case I can understand your shock. Don't worry, just stick around and you'll come to your senses. The shock will wear off and you'll see the truth for its real value. Or maybe not. Some people never recover when they find out everything they believed was false.
Statisticus   Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm GMT
<<What has gone wrong? >>

Some of the Language posts have probably been siphoned off to the "Ask Antimoon" section, leaving the rest here.

Nationalistic posts have been common here at Antimoon for years. Until quite recently, the greatest thread in Antmoon history was a mostly a debate between Engish and French Candians.
Instigator   Mon May 24, 2010 5:44 pm GMT
It's because of users such as Matematik and Franco doing what they do recently.
Franco   Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 pm GMT
Those are not the real Franco but imposters.
Franco   Mon May 24, 2010 7:07 pm GMT
I think franco doesn't even exist, and he's just a troll name that many people use, since that's all franco's posts usually are... troll posts
Franco   Mon May 24, 2010 7:15 pm GMT
What's Antimoon language forum but a forum intended for trolls?.
Franco   Mon May 24, 2010 7:27 pm GMT
So we should all automatically be named Franco? Haha
Matematik   Mon May 24, 2010 7:32 pm GMT
Either that or Matematik would be fine.
Wow   Mon May 24, 2010 9:01 pm GMT
<What's wrong with nationality issues anyway? Or are you just fresh out of the censored multicultural media PC tolerance fest?>

I didn't say that was why nationality discussions were a bad thing. The thing I dislike about the nationality issues on the Antimoon forum is that most of them are negative opinions made by those who have little or no knowledge of the people/place they are talking about.

I'm talking about the people who argue over which country is a bigger s***hole, or talking about hispanics as being "dirty", making Spanish a "dirty, peasant" language.
Matematik   Mon May 24, 2010 9:09 pm GMT
Look, England is a shithole, and don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about because I was born here so I do know what I am talking about.
Franco Carlos I   Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 pm GMT
But it's not nearly as bad as Espana.
Franco   Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm GMT
I thought you was born in Pakistan, Matematik.
Icelandic Anglophile   Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 pm GMT
1. The continent of Africa is five times nearer to the European sub-continent than England.

2. Africa is actually land linked to Eurasia unlike England.

3. You can walk all the way from the Cape to anywhere in Europe.

4. Thank fuck England is protected from African, French and Spanish ramblers.
Carlos I de EspaƱa   Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 am GMT
Yeah, but the difference between (some) men and animals, is that (some) men can sail.

About 6,000 years ago Iberians developed ocean-going boats that enabled them to push up the Channel.

Before they arrived, there were some human inhabitants of Britain, but only a few thousand. These people were later subsumed into a larger Celtic tribe... the majority of people in the British Isles are actually descended from the Spanish as DNA samples from 10,000 volunteers in Britain and Ireland have shown.

And a large part of the lazy Andalusians are actually descendants of Germans, Swiss, Flemish, French and Italians, thanks to a decree by my grandson, Carlos III.
http://www.andalucia.cc/adn/1098doc.htm