Mexican vs Andalus Spanish

Alabama Joe   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:03 pm GMT
I can't tell the difference. All that Spanish sounds the same to me.
Matematik   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:07 pm GMT
<<Spain has more GDP,HDI, industry, culture, way of life, and everything. >>

Italian economy - $2.09 trillion (nominal)

Spanish economy - 1.051 trillion

Spanish industry - 14.1% of total economy

Italian industry - 25% of total economy

None the less, Spanish can in no way compare to the beauty and intricacies of Italian culture. There is a reason why everyone loves Italian culture and no one gives a shit about Spain. I would go as far to say along with Brazil Portuguese culture is even more widely reknowed than Hispanic.

Ultimately you can tell yourself your the dogs bollocks, but if no one other then Spaniards actually gives a shit about your country, then it doesn't really make any difference.
Franco   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:12 pm GMT
Spain: human development index 0.955 (15th)

Italy: human development index 0.951 (18th)

Spain: GDP per capita $31,946

Italy: GDP per capita $29,109

Italy can't compare to Spain in terms of political stability. Also Italy has problem of mafia which provokes civil insecurity and bad image for the country. Spain is the second most visited country in the world, whereas Italy isn't. Also Italy didn't contribute to XX plastic arts and don't have famous XX century painters unlike Spain, that's the reason why people prefer Spanish culture and its superior achievements.
You   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:20 pm GMT
You don't ever give up, do you? Italy is a little wealthier overall.
Franco   Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm GMT
Spain is wealthier overall.
Matematik   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 pm GMT
I suck penis!
Toi Lolita   Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:10 am GMT
個成功的婚姻,夫婦倆都會將另一半的需要看得最重要,而非將自己的需要或親人、朋友、財產、工作放在第一位。夫婦都會用很多時間相處,也會花很多時間和孩子在一起,甚至為了家庭彼此都會願意作出犧牲
Jajajaja   Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:40 am GMT
El acento mexicano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRFETM86uAk

Vaya, qué horror... me refiero al repugnante acento, no al vídeo, que es super divertido.
Irony   Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 am GMT
I'm British not American btw.
claudia   Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:51 am GMT
Spain's accent sucks

they speak like they have a cock in their bloody mouth yay!!!

ZZZZ, TTTHHHH all those annoying bloody sounds irritate me, plus spaniards are very low class people

I have no idea how mexican accent, but is probably nicer because I know a lad from cuba and he speaks quite nice I might say.
John   Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:41 pm GMT
JAJAJAJA YOU FUCK, THE ACCENT IS NOT MEXICAN IS CUBAN AND IT'S OK, BOTH ACCENTS, IDIOT!

REGARDING THIS VIDEO:

They are murderers the gringos, they will never want the mexicans, they are hypocrites and racist always.obama will never approve the inmigration reform he is only laying to the people. The inmigrants should wear blue contact lenses and blond perukes, They are consuming the Drugs and we mexicans are killing among each other?? They never capture any drug dealer, never??? why?? and sell weapons with the same duty money from the drug bussines among their drug adicts!

Los gringos son asesinos, ellos nunca querran a los mexicanos, son hipocritas y racistas. obama nunca podra aprobar una reforma migratoria solo esta mintiendo a la gente. Los inmigrantes deberian usar lentes de contacto azul y pelucas rubias para que los tomen en cuenta. Ellos consumen las drogas mientras que nosotros nos matamos entre hermanos?
Nunca capturan un narcotraficante en su territorio, porque?? y venden armas que se compran con dinero sucio en su sucia economia?
'   Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:48 pm GMT
"And standard pronunciation of Z is not a lisp, it's just a sound like English th." Franco you're right but not exactly, English 'th' really sounds like my 's' with a lisp, it is the only way to learn it...
Franco   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:34 pm GMT
It may be a lisp in your language, but in Spanish and English Z and TH respectively are not a lisp.
Jajajaja   Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 pm GMT
Why do Mexicans get all worked up when one Mexican gets killed by a Gringo? Every day Mexicans kill Mexicans in scores, and even cut off their heads, and all they care about is the ONE that got killed by a Gringo. I hate false pseudo-patriotic indignation!
Identifier   Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:57 pm GMT
Matematik
<<Ultimately you can tell yourself your [you're] the dogs bollocks, but if no one other then [than] Spaniards actually gives a shit about your country, then it doesn't really make any difference.>>

Your miss-spelling of "you're" and "than" are disappointing on an English language forum. They are also mistakes nearly always made by Americans. It's probably something to do with accent, the same reason you Americans also often erroneously write "marshmellow" for marshmallow, "helloween" for hallowe'en and "barrow" for borrow. These traits may not be particularly heinous crimes against English, but they are clear indentifiers.

Oh yeah, back on topic, I like the Andalus accent better. And Franco is right, to call the Castillian Z and C TH-sound a lisp is utterly misguided. If they lisped the "S" would also become "TH" - entiende, burro?