Portuguese + Spanish the fastest growing western languages

Kendra   Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:32 pm GMT
''o acesso de falantes do português popular ao português culto ''

Naum existe o português ''popular'' nem o ''culto'', mas sim o ''informal, coloquial'' e o ''formal, arcaizante''

Tu sacou meu bem?
Vá pra puta que lhe pariu.
Gringo   Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:26 pm GMT
Kendra Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:32 pm GMT

««Naum existe o português ''popular'' nem o ''culto''»»

Translation:
"The "educated" or "popular" Portuguese [language] does not exist."

««Vá pra puta que lhe pariu.»»

Very good example!
I can perfectly understand why you say that there is no "educated" Portuguese language! The "educated" language is something that is not present in the example you gave of your language skills. You lack a refined vocabulary!
An educated language requires years of study to master and is used by more sophisticated people. So I can understand why you say it does not exist. On the other hand you make very good use blasphemous or obscene language.
bernard   Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:27 pm GMT
" no one knows where the US "latino" came from, but on view is that we got the name from the natives of Latin America - who called themselves "latino". I think this seems pretty plausible. "

"latino" is just the spanish word from "latin". It has Nothing to do with a native indian origin, but is a reference to Spain, Portugal and France.
Kendra   Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:23 am GMT
Mexican group RBD is enjoying popularity in Brazil. They sing both
in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.

Latin American singers and groups are loved in Brazil,
unlike Portuguese ones which are virtually ignored.

If Portuguese groups re-sang their songs into Brazilian Portuguese,
they might have some success in Brazil. With their heavy
dialect no understands, it is very very difficult.
Gringo   Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:29 pm GMT
Kendra Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:23 am GMT
««Latin American singers and groups are loved in Brazil,
unlike Portuguese ones which are virtually ignored.»»

Ooops! And all this time I thought it was the Portuguese that completely ignored the Brazilian song market!

««If Portuguese groups re-sang their songs into Brazilian Portuguese,
they might have some success in Brazil. With their heavy
dialect no understands, it is very very difficult. »»

You seem desperate to have Portuguese singers in Brazil!

Kendra, for you everything in EuPortuguese will very very difficult, I already said you lack a refined vocabulary! The target public is sophisticated people!
Kendra   Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:25 pm GMT
It's not EUPortuguese, but Continental Portuguese. Try learning some basic English.
Que gringo mais grosso hein!?
Gringo   Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:13 pm GMT
Kendra Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:25 pm GMT

««It's not EUPortuguese, but Continental Portuguese. Try learning some basic English.»»

Kendra: making a fool of your self again?

“European Portuguese also known as Continental Portuguese is the standard Portuguese used in Portugal.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Portuguese

««Que gringo mais grosso hein!?»»

After you have been writing, in other posts, like someone that is suffering from Coprolalia you make a comment like this? You really have a good notion of what to be educated means. LOL
Royce   Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:05 pm GMT
Wikipedia is NO reliable information source.
Anyone can make a scrap in it, from 3year-old to my 98yearold gran
get a grip
JR   Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:13 pm GMT
It's not the best, but its not trash either.
Gringo   Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:28 pm GMT
Royce Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:05 pm GMT
««Wikipedia is NO reliable information source.
Anyone can make a scrap in it, from 3year-old to my 98yearold gran
get a grip»»

Royce:
Were you born yesterday? Of course there are reliable sources you can verify before posting what is in wikipedia.

There are people that have hard copy encyclopedias and prefere to copy past from wikipedia. Wake up.
fgfg   Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:53 am GMT
gfgfgfgfg
knewman   Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:55 am GMT
english is the first number of papers published in the world, then is chinese in 2005.
Gringo   Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am GMT
Brennus:
««Discussions are beginning to get way off-topic.»»

Begining? Is "Vá pra puta que lhe pariu." anything related to the topic?
Why are you letting these kind of comment?
Benjamin   Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:11 pm GMT
I cannot understand why there is an argument about whether the Portuguese spoken in Portugal should be called 'Continental Portuguese' or 'European Portuguese'. If anything, I'd probably think that 'European Portuguese' would the more appropriate name since Portugal is in Europe and 'continental' is a rather vague term which doesn't necessarily imply Portugal over Brazil. If anything, one might interpret 'Continental Portuguese' as a means of distinguishing it from the Portuguese spoken in Madeira, the Azores and Cape Verde, rather than from Brazilian Portuguese, Angolan Portuguese or Mozambican Portuguese.
Gringo   Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:30 pm GMT
««If anything, one might interpret 'Continental Portuguese' as a means of distinguishing it from the Portuguese spoken in Madeira, the Azores and Cape Verde, rather than from Brazilian Portuguese, Angolan Portuguese or Mozambican Portuguese.»»

Agree, Brazil, Angola or Mozambic are also in continents. We do not make that distiction in Portuguese, it is no logic.