Romanian a MADE up language

Luis Zalot   Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:59 am GMT
JR & Aldo perspectives hold some truth.

Sorin & Piotr perspectives hold some truth.

The four of you all in all; have valid points from different people. Contradicting eachother. You people should be mutual about it.

--->>>>
This is what I think,

Romanian is a beautiful language with Slavic syntax and Classical Latin's Denclension's, the way it's written (with accents and the way it looks) is of that of Slavic. The way it's pronounced is that of Latin. Come on people, let it marinate.

Jr and Aldo show "references" from (Niculescu 49), there points are valid. Perhaps, the Romanian language changed their vocabulary after the "revolution" and they borrowed "amor & amare" from France in 1989. It could be true, if not (Niculescu 49) PROFESSES that "romanians" prefered "slavic" words when it camed to "showing emotion towards one another."

IN OTHER WORDS, dragoste, drag, a iubi, nevasta, logodna (= betrothal), a logodi (= to betrothe)" (49). Are PREFERED by the Romanian people or THE FACT that amor & amare innovations to the language. Maybe "amor and amare" in Romanian are ACADEMIC words
or archacisms or something of that sort. The truth is that Whatever the CASE may be; those particular words are not realitively used, amongst Romanians and they PREFER "slavic" words, nonetheless.

S.P.Q.R; I completely understand your motive.

Piotr wrote;-------->>>>>

Latin spoken in vatican is a bad joke. It cant be calld latin, It is Lat-italian
and Sicilian is not a language, only a dialect.
Sardinian is only a 2 milion language with etruscan influance.

Romenian sounds more like Cultivate Latin
Italian sounds like Bimbo Lola Volgarella

I WROTE----->>>>

Sicilian is a Language. (Italian is somewhat based on this.)

Sardinian is a Language. (insolated from Italy until the 19th century or so, most conversative; never HAD to re-latinized their language.)

Romanian is a Language. (Insolated and became forgotten, until the mid 19thcentury; when Italians declared it being a latin language, hence forth the "re-latinization" of Romanian.)

Sardinian,sicilian,asturian & romanian are the ones who've perserved the 'u'

Asturian have perserved the 'o' on I, while the rest are in 'u's Like Classical latin. FOR EXMAPLE;

Entro (asturian,italian,spanish etc.)
Intro (classical latin)
Intru (romanian)
Entramus (asturian)
Intramus (classical latin)
Intram (romanian, I can see the french influence on Romanian on rendering *some* of their antepeultimate words as SEEN here.)
Entriamo (italian)
Entramos (spanish)

Get over it.
Dinis   Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:45 am GMT
One should not be so shocked that a Romance tongue uses terms of endearment borrowed from LAT or even from a barbarous tongue. The now-extinct Mozarabic Spanish dialect which once was the most conservative of the Ibero-Romance tongues (and what a beauty it was!) used the word HABIBI derived from Arabic to express the concept of DARLING/BELOVED.
What is even more pertinent to the question at hand is that the FREN word AMOUR was originally borrowed from Medieval Latin and refashioned on a Provencal model during the era of the troubadors.
Here follows an excerpt from Dictionnaire Historique de la Langue Francaise ( Paris, 1998):
AMOUR n.m. d'abord sous la forme AMOR (fin Xe s.) surtout feminin jusqu'au XVII s. est un emprunt au latin AMOR; sa forme atuelle, AMOUR, est influencee par l'ancien provencal ,AMOR, illustre' par la conception des troubadours, LA FINE AMOR.
So a single swallow (golondrina, hirondelle, rondine) does not a summer make!
Here are some more ROM words expressing affection which were borrowed (not inherited) from LAT as they were also borrowed (not inherited) from LAT into ENG and into most of the Romance tongues:

AFECTIUNE

AFECTUOS

AMANT

ARDENT

DEVOTAT

PASIONAT

ROMANTIC

SEX

None of the above (particularly the last term) requires any translation.

Yours,
Dinis
Dinis   Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:59 am GMT
PS By the way inherited LAT AMOR was reduced in form in OLD FREN to AMEUR and deeloped and conveyed the meaning of an animal's RUT ( sexual excitement).
The romanians were kinder in allowing the word to die with dignity. Thankfully, bothlanguages have restored it by borrowing it from LAT.
S.P.Q.R   Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:32 am GMT
Dear Dinis:
Calabrese dialect; Incasarsi, pretty much romanian sounding, operaphs both languages derived that form uxorem ducere ad casam (Late latin)

Piotr, Sorin
Italian lo, is from illlum, neverthelss i never heard something in latin that ends as ,barbat, or other tronc stuff.
By the way, because that romanian scinded earlier form latin than the other romance tongues, isn't more latin than the others.
Luis Zalot   Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:05 am GMT
Dinis,

Mozarabic is STILL used as a ecclesiastical language of some churches of Spain. The "same" way hebrew is in Israel.
Aldo   Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:13 am GMT
Mozarabic;

Area of Distribution and Number of Speakers
Mozarabic (or Ajami) was a Southern Ibero-Romance language, that developed in those parts of Spain under Arab occupation from the early 8th century until about 1300. It was the spoken language of the city-dwellers, who remained Christians while the peasants generally converted to Islam. It appears that many Arabs also came to use it, even though Arabic remained the only written language.
By AD 1000 there were some two millions of Mozarabi speakers.

The Name
The term Mozarabic was derived from the Arabic word musta'rib arabicized, and the term Ajami -- from ajam ugly, barbarous.
See a historical note on the Mozarabs, the Christians under muslim domination in medieval Spain.

Origin and History
Mozarabic was the Romance language spoken by the Christians in the muslim possessions on the Iberian peninsula. For much of the Muslim period (711-1492), Christians were treated tolerantly and became culturally Arabized. Even after persecution by fanatic Muslim newcomers in the 12th century, the Mozarabs were often in conflict with Westernized "liberators" from the north. Their language died out soon after the Arabs were driven out of Spain at the end of the 15th century, though it is sometimes claimed that Mozarabic has left its mark on the dialects of southern Spain and Portugal.
Mozarabic is still used as a liturgical language in a few places in Spain and Morocco.

Phonology and Writing
Because most of the evidence, apart from a 15th-century glossary from Granada, is written in Arabic script (which uses no vowel signs), it is difficult to reconstruct the phonology of the language, but it appears to be a very conservative Hispanic language, which retained many archaic Latin forms and preserved a completely Romance sound system.
The vocalism is marked by the diphthongation of the short stressed e and o, even before [j]. The diphthongs {aj] and [aw] were retained.

The initial F- and the groups CL-, FL-, PL- remained unchanged. The intervocal -P-, -T-, -C- were also preserved without change, cf.:

lopa she-wolf, toto all, formica ant.
C before E and I was palatalized az [t], like in Italian.

Sources
Much of modern information about Mozarabic comes from medical and botanical works that give Mozarabic terms alongside the Arabic. To this was added the discovery of Mozarabic refrains (kharjahsor markaz) added to Arabic and Hebrew love ballads (muwashshahs) of the 11th and 12th centuries; study of these began only in 1946. These refrains are written in Arabic characters that lack most vowel markings and are often rather difficult to decipher. The study of place-names in Southern Spain is also a valuable source of information on Mozarabic.

Cited from;
http://orbilat.com/Languages/Mozarabic/Mozarabic.htm

MOZARABIC/ENGLISH SENTANCES----->>>

Tanto amare, tanto amare, / habib, tanto amare:
¡Enfermaeron welyos nidios / e dolen tan male!

So much loving, so much loving, / my lover, so much loving
has made bright eyes grow dim / and suffer so much!

Mio sidi Ibrahim, / ya nuemne dolge!
Fen-te mib, / de nohte.
In non, si non keris, / irey-me tib.
Gar-me a ob plegar-te.

My lord Ibrahim, / O sweet name!
Come to me at night!
If not, if you don't want to, / I shall come to you.
Tell me where I can find you?

Al sa'amu mio hali, / porqe hali qad bare.
¿Ké farey, yaummi? / ¡Faneq [me] bad lebare!

My condition is death, / because it's so desperate.
What can I do, O mother? / The falcon will carry me off!

Ya matre mia al-rahima, / a rayyo de manyana:
¡Bon Abu-l-Haggag, / la fage de matrana!

O my affectionate mother, / in the light of day:
The good Abu-l- Haggag, / his face like the dawn!

Non dormireyo, mamma, / a rayo de manyana:
¡Bon Abu-l-Qasim, / la fage de matrana!

Mother, I shall not sleep, / in the light of day:
The good Abu-l-Qasim, / his face like the dawn!

Mamma, ¡ayy habibe! / So al-gummella saqrella,
el-quwello albo / e bokella hamrella.

O mother, what a lover! / Below his yellow curls,
his white neck / and his little red mouth!

¡Amanu, ya habibi! / Al-wahs me no farás.
Ben, bega mia bokella: / awsak tú no irás.

Mercy, my lover! / I know you won't abandon me.
Come, kiss my little mouth / and you won't soon run away!

Enjoy!
Piotr   Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:50 am GMT
>>By the way, because that romanian scinded earlier form latin than the other romance tongues, isn't more latin than the others.<<

Because Romenian scinded earlier from Latin has an ancient Latin vocabulary closer to cultivated latin. And the grammar is closer to classical latin.

Medieval Latin influenced Italian a lot, but didn’t touch Romanian.
And medieval Latin is BIMBO LOLA

Of course all the 'Latinos' are jealous of Romenian being more Latin.
In France, Italy, Spain, etc. only the old people know Romenian is very Latin, the rest are living a cultural shock !

They are jealous, Romenian is like a distant relative that comes and takes all the money and fame from you stereotyped latinos.

Italians are desperate, they can lose the Italian= Latin myth.

Sicilian and Sardinian are some little boys that escaped the medieval Latin’s BIMBO LOLA effect. But still cant compete with Romenian.

And Sicilian is not recognised as an official language anywhere in the world, not even within Italy's BIMBO land.
S.P.Q.R   Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:11 pm GMT
Piotr:

Latin language:

Se boves parebat

alba paratalia seminabat

Album versorium tenebat

Italian language:
Boves pareba a se
akba opratalia araba
teneba albo versorio

Translate this into rumenian piotr:

By the way:
Romenian imperiolul
Italian imperio
Classical latin imperium

LUl lul arent' found anywhere in classical latin, while lo la are for (illum Illam)
Learn some latin and italian just don't open your mouth for some nationalism.
S.P.Q.R   Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:13 pm GMT
Imperiul not imperiolul sorry
S.P.Q.R   Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:19 pm GMT
Bimbo= Bamboccius Classical latin, spoken latin bambiniculus... hence bambinio, vezzegiative form bimbo
Explained that bimbo is perfectly latin....... Try again piotr, or get a phd in latin language .......
Sorin   Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:54 pm GMT
>Romenian imperiolul
Italian imperio
Classical latin imperium

LUl lul arent' found anywhere in classical latin, while lo la are for (illum Illam)
Learn some latin and italian just don't open your mouth for some nationalism.

S.P.Q.R Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:13 pm GMT
Imperiul not imperiolul sorry <

Compañero ! If you don’t have a clue about Romanian don’t boycott it !
C.LATIN---------------IMPERIUM
ROMANIAN------------IMPERIUL
ITALIAN---------------imperiO

Italian is typical ‘O’ ALL Over. Remember ‘O’ is not all over in C.Latin and Romanian.

I agree with Piotr. Italian is a bimbOOO language - donna bella ma non intelligente /coltivata!

Meanwhile, take advantage of my free Romanian lessons. The oldest Romance language and the most conservative.

Good luck.
S.P.Q.R   Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:04 pm GMT
Sorry sorin, it was a typo error, what do you think of : Când Republica Romană (509 î.Hr. - 31 î.Hr.) a ajuns la finalul său Gaius Octavius, nepot al lui Iulius Cezar, şi-a solidificat poziţia prin înfrângerea rivalului său la putere, Marc Antoniu, în bătălia de la Actium din anul următor. Avea o muncă predefinită; anii de război civil au lăsat Roma într-o stare de anarhie. Mai mult, Roma nu era pregătită să accepte controlul total al unui despot. As you can see isn't pretty latin declension thing..... Try again, maybe you will be lucky
Finalul, yes its an temporal adverb! you are right it comes from classical latin postremo, no romanian can't have inerithed it from vulgar latin finale....
şi-a typical classical latin diacritic points..
SorinO   Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:51 pm GMT
Text in Italian

“PrimO modellO classicO del TeatrO ItalianO ModernO per esempiO promosserO…

You maybe don’t know S.P.Q.RO , but people laugh at Italian saying every word ends in 'O'.

C. Latin--------Multum-----Ultimus---Annus---Lucrum
Romanian------Mult--------Ultimul----Anul-----Lucrul

Italian----------mOltO------ultimO----annO----lavOrO
English---------much--------last------year-----work

ItalianO = bimbOOOO. Italian is a bimbOOOOO language,

seeO laterO myO friendO italianO ! ha ha ha ! sory I meant hO hO hO !

regardsO
sorinO
S.P.Q.R   Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:57 pm GMT
YEs laugh at italian , think when A romanian persons pronounce yheeste este......... or what about ul, lui, uri ? They sounds more funny?
At least italian is real.........
S.P.Q.R   Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:04 pm GMT
C. Latin--------Multum-----Ultimus---Annus---Lucrum

Lucrum, work???? No, that's really funny! Lucrum means profit! Work in latin is labor!