ROMANIAN the closest to CLASSICAL LATIN

augustin717   Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:54 am GMT
Well, you still haven't answered the question. It can come from Latin and still not be an inherited word, but a loan.
My guess is that "cruor" is a Latin word borrowed by Spanish, not inherited.
Guest   Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:56 am GMT
Classical Latin is a synthetic inflectional language, the grammar has:

6 cases
4 nouns,
3 genders (masculine, feminine, and neutral), and adjectival agreement by gender and number.
It has no articles.

Romanian is also a synthetic inflectional language, the grammar has:

6 cases
4 nouns,
3 genders (masculine, feminine, and neutral),
and adjectival agreement by gender and number.

Italian is an analytic_language inflectional language. the grammar has:

1 (or 2) cases for nouns,
2 genders (masculine and feminine, vestigial neutral), and adjectival agreement by gender and number.

Approximately the same for Spanish...
augustin717   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:02 am GMT
Word-order in Romanian is rather loose, because it still retains the inflection.
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:05 am GMT
The "declension" is the ONLY thing Romanian inherited from
"Classical-latin." The archaic words in Classical latin were either
inherited in the 2b.c (200 years of occupational rule) or RE-PLACED for Slavic words in the "19th" century. The rest is vulgar latin.

Spanish/Italian/Portuguese that have inherited an tremendous amount of Classical latin words, and the syntax is of that of classical/vulgar latin. Not to mentioned Italian & Spanish "phonology" is of that of Classical latin. And Spanish is the ONLY one with the SIBILANT "S" like Classical latin. Spanish often doesn't have to "use" articles" if the rest sounds properly. Om/os (archaic latin) which (late vulgar latin) inherited ARCHAIC Latin or it was an natural phenomenon.
Sorin   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:15 am GMT
Archaic Latin used no “O” endings. The article speaks about the internal “o” and the diphthong “oi” that turned “U” in Classical Latin. The infamous “O” ending attached to Italian, Spanish, Portuguese is derived from Late Vulgar Latin, you silly chav.

And that fact is well known and accepted by every scholar. “O” endings are from Late Vulgar Latin. Not Archaic you silly chav. It’s the diphthong “oi” that turned “U” in Classical Latin.

The example of this is

English---------Free

Latin Archaic -------lubs,
Latin Classical ------liber
Latin Vulgar --------liberO

Romanian-----------liber
Italian---------------liberO

You got it wrong mate ! keep trying
augustin717   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:24 am GMT
And now a few nice Slavonic words:
cadelnitza - thurible
cristelnitza- baptismal font
prapore-church-banner
vecernie-vespers
utrenie-matins
pavecernita-compline
obedenitza-it has no Western equivalent, as far as I know;
sfita-chasuble;phelonion
rucavitza-maniple;cuff
otpust-ending;apolysis
odovanie-"leave-taking"; the end of a Feast
praznic-feast
strana-stall
pomana-the meal following a burial
pogribanie-burial service
spasenie-salvation
a izbavi-to save, rescue
slava-glory
a blagoslovi-to bless
blagoslovenie-blessing
predoslovie-foreword
Preobrajenie-The feast of Transfiguration
Stretenie-Candlemass
Blagoveshtenie-Annunciation
Sorin   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:28 am GMT
I bet Aldo, S.P.Q.R and Luis Zalot can’t sleep at night because Romanian is the closest to Classical Latin, ha ha ha ! Can’t believe he desperately tried to prove the “O” endings come from Archaic Latin. LOL ! That was such a gross and infantile attempt…

Astia nu pot dormi noaptea de invidie ! ha ha ha ! felicitari Romanilor !
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:28 am GMT
"Om/os" "archaic" latin.
"om/us" "classical" latin.
"u" vulgar latin. (choped up from c.l)
'o' late vulgar latin (chopped up from a.l)

archaic latin; deivos
Classical latin; deus
Vulgar latin; deu(s)
Spanish; dios
Italian;dio

Spanish; libre (free)

"as well as the existence of diphthongs such as oi and ei (later Latin ū or oe, and ī)." THESE ARE "dipthongs" in beginning of words. Not antepultimate words, Om/os are "ending"

REFERENCE;

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:xCFVjoQoFdYJ:indoeuro.bizland.com/project/grammar/grammar61.html+archaic+latin&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Latin
augustin717   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:29 am GMT
"leat 2006 ot spasenia lumii"
"in the 2006th year since the salvation of the world".
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:36 am GMT
I'm the only one here, Luis and S.P.Q.E are absent. YOUR having fantast dreams again?

Romanian is not the closest to "classical latin" just in the declension and some c.l words. The rest is vulgar latin

Italian and Spanish are the closest classical & vulgar latin's (while having the "O" referenced from Late vulgar latin and it referencing "archaic latin" or it was simply an natural phenomenon)Syntax,Phonology,vocabulary and archaic's latin's "om/os" which "late vulgar latin inherited or reference it. One way or another....Spanish and Italian have the BEST qualities of classical latin. Spanish is the MOST spoken language in the world, the way CLASSICAL or VULGAR LATIN was. Something that Romanian will* never have. Spanish has the sibilant "s" from Classical latin. Spanish doesn't have to 'use' articles in some cases, if the whole sentance or part still sound correctly.
Guest   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:39 am GMT
Sorin, I bet your an miserable girl without a cause. Go watch your Olmplics. Or "dracula or warewolves" movies, that's what america and certain parts of europe think* when people mentioned "Romania"

Your an "TERRORIST" (sorin) when you speak and bable. Plus your MORE of an dictator when people SPEAK against you.
Sorin   Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:56 am GMT
I have already told you, In Archaic Latin “O” is internal; And Vulgate Latin replaced the “AU” diphthong with “O ” and “A”

Latin Archaic----------August
Latin Classical --------August
Romanian-------------August

Italian ------AgOstO
Spanish-----AgOstO
===============================================
English-----Gold
Latin Archaic----------Aurum
Latin Classical --------Aurum
Romanian-------------Aurul

Italian ------OrO
Spanish-----OrO

So, “AU” was replaced with “A”or “O” end the “O” ending is something UNIQUE only present in Late Vulgar Latin and Western Romance. “O” ending is something that Vulgar Latin considered “cool” to add, an “O” at the end of words and names.

For instance Robert ( rod-beraht a Germanic name ) is RobertO , and millions of other names have the “O” ending, that have nothing to do with Archaic Latin. “O” ending is just an add-on considered “cool” by Late Vulgar Latin.

>Sorin, I bet your an miserable girl without a cause<
AldO you keep posting the same prejudiced and ignorant insult, I am a male not a female, my name is Sorin (male) not Sorina(female).You are a complete ignorant.
Octavian   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:01 am GMT
Why dont you reveal yourself oh thats right because your afraid, (NOW WHOS A TERRORIST) its ok aldo or whoever, when I think of Spain I think of gypsies trying to imitate speaking romanian or latin but sounding arabic. And dont worry, people living in America and those certain parts of Europe are just as ignorant as you. Ignorants like you should be banned for denying that romanian is the closest language to latin.

By the way this is not Sorin anwering you. trust me on that.
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:04 am GMT
augusto/agosto (spanish) {{{august; stately.}}}
áureo (spanish) {{{golden.}}}

Robert would be "written" in -ARCHAIC latin- as "robertom or robertos"
The o is still there with the nasal "m" and the "sibilant "s"
Aldo   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:11 am GMT
Octavian, it's the truth. Romania is viewed as "draculas's whereabouts" or warewolves running amok the people...HAhah...that would EXPLAIN the "dictator" affirmative action..HHAHHAH

I got spanish blood, so what? your Romanian you got what? 10 different races mixed into one? And 4 different languages influence on romanian and it's dialects.

Ne plus ULTRA!