French vs Italian vs Spanish vs Portuguese vs Chinese

READ THIS!!!   Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:52 pm GMT
Latin languages are the most beautiful and elegant languages of all, whether it is Portuguese, Spanish, Italian or French, although I have to say that the most precise language of ALL, and yeah I mean ALL, is Spanish, why? because as you see the word, is as you pronounce it and as you hear it, is as you write it, there are no extra letters that make no sense, there are no “stupid” rules, everything has a reason to be the way it is, and that's something that doesn't happen with any other language in the world.

Other languages such as French, may sound pretty nice, but they use a lot of extra letters that make no sense, for example, why would you put an S at the end of a word if you're not gonna pronounce it? (Same with the T's) or why do singular and plurals sound the same i.e. Elle and Elles (they sound exactly the same).

In the other hand English is pretty much the same, you have like 10 different ways of spelling things out, that most of the time you don't know how to write it, or how to pronounce it, i.e. most English speaking people don't even know if it is CARAMEL or CARMEL.

El español, es la lengua mas exacta del mundo, por lo tanto deberia de ser considerada como la lengua franca por excelencia.
Veni,vidi,vici.   Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:50 am GMT
Together with spanish there is also Italian which is very precise and understandable; during a dictation, for example, it's very easy to write the italian words even if you don't know their meaning...I think italian is more precise than spanish, it's my opinion!
Elbarto   Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:43 pm GMT
They're both pretty precise, but I think spanish takes the lead, one thing that I found useless in italian is the double SS, for example "Rosso" (Red), it'd sound exactly the same if it was just "Roso", in spanish it'd be "Rojo", (no extra letters), anyways romance languages are the most beautiful languages ever invented, I mean they come from latin itself, what can be better than that?
Tiffany   Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:07 am GMT
You're wrong. There is a difference in double consonants. You just can't hear at first if you're not used to it. "Rossa" and "rosa" have different sounds and mean, of course, different things (red and pink respectively). Try "penne" and "pene", "anno" and "ano" on for size ;) Sta attento!
Guest   Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:41 pm GMT
Tiffany, Tiffany.....ma che scrivi!!! ;) lol lol lol!!
Anyway, Elbarto, Tiffany's right, there's an important differences in double consonants.
Probabily if you listen people from Rome (i romanacci!! mitici) you can not hear the difference because of their particoular accent (e.g. instead of "ferro" they say "fero", instead of "guerra" they say "guera"), but in standard italian it isn't so.
Sicilian and Sardinian people, instead, tend to double every consonant; Sicilian in particoular tend to double consonants at beginning of a word so you could hear "Mmi CChiamo" instead of "mi chiamo" or "CCi Vvado" instead of "ci vado".....it's strange to explain but for an italian speaker it's common to notice all these differences.
Of course they're only phonetics detailes....It's always the same "problem": only sometime we speak standard italian, we often prefer our regional variant.
elbarto   Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 pm GMT
Well, anyways, they're probably the two most precise languages in the world.

BTW, look I just found this website that compares some Latin words, with all its derivates; it's a pretty interesting thing to see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages#Vocabulary_comparison
(just copy and paste it in your browser)
Guest   Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:02 pm GMT
Finish, Latin, Serbo-Croatian and Korean are all very "precise". It is admirable that you love your own language, but you don't have sufficient knowledge to judge. Whoever said Portuguese sounds "Slavonic" has no ear for languages.
Kendra   Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:21 pm GMT
''There is a difference in double consonants''

In Northern Italy, it is normal to pronounce open vowels as closed, closed vowels as open and double consonants as simple consonants:

bèlla stélla [Tuscan pronunciation]
bèla stèla [Northern pronunciation]
[è = open e, é = closed e]

a Milano should be pronounced as if it were spelled ammilano [ridoppiamento sintattico], but in Milano they pronounce it in the incorrect way: amilano, which is one more example of double consonants being simplified in the North

in the Southern Italy, the opposite happens: all consonants are doubled...
Kendra   Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:23 pm GMT
''There is a difference in double consonants''

In Northern Italy, it is normal to pronounce open vowels as closed, closed vowels as open and double consonants as simple consonants:

bèlla stélla [Tuscan pronunciation]
bèla stèla [Northern pronunciation]
[è = open e, é = closed e]

a Milano should be pronounced as if it were spelled ammilano ["raddoppiamento sintattico"], but in Milano they pronounce it in the incorrect way: amilano, which is one more example of double consonants being simplified in the North

in the Southern Italy, the opposite happens: all consonants are doubled...

the grammar rules of standard Italian are respected only in Central Italy (Tuscany, Umbria, Abruzzo and Rome]
elbarto   Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:14 pm GMT
If there was to be a world language, I'd rather choose Latin, before any other, a lot of our words come from that language, it is also the most precise of all (along with Spanish and Italian), and none of today's countries speak it, so no one will feel that another country's language is better than yours.
Siclianboy   Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:54 pm GMT
I totally agree with you!
I have been studying Latin and Greek since I chose to attend classical liceum. Sometimes I use them to write my emotions to underline their importance...Writing my thoughts in latin I give to my words different tone...solenn...misterious...archaic...and also completely modern...
That's really a pity that no one is using latin!
Guest   Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:35 pm GMT
chinese will increase and italian will die
kiv   Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:00 pm GMT
chinese will increase and italian will die

Ma vai a cagare!

Your brain is already dead
White Plains   Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:54 pm GMT
That's right Guest, vai a cagare, go take a crap!!!
COLLO   Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:01 pm GMT
AHAHAH giudizi assurdi di gente che l'italiano non lo conoscono nemmeno per sentito dire. Lirica e melodica nonchè precisione e compostezza dei suoni sono caratteristiche forti della lingua italiana, e per quel merdacchioso di cinese penso che ancor prima dell'invasione del cinese, la stessa CIna non esisterà più, demolita e ammorbata dall'inquinamento e dalla disgregazione culturale. L'italiano è la terza lingua ipù imparata al mondo, sempre in ascesa per questioni di arricchimento culturale...
Lo spagnolo è orecchiabile ma volgarotto, il francese stucchevole e frivolo, l'italiano è musica e melodia. Il tedesco è la morte della prosodia......