Angry Chirac leaves EU summit as Frenchman speaks English.

greg   Mon May 01, 2006 3:42 pm GMT
*British* *National* *Party*.
We *aim*to free *Britain* from *oppressive* *foreign* *control*.

Commence par ta langue !
BNP   Mon May 01, 2006 4:18 pm GMT
We already have a distinct original British language.
greg   Mon May 01, 2006 6:34 pm GMT
Ah oui ? Et laquelle ?
Damian in Alba   Mon May 01, 2006 11:13 pm GMT
***We already have a distinct original British language***

Och aye? Like what they speak in Brummieland?

BNP = British Nasty Party
french man   Tue May 02, 2006 8:18 am GMT
British Nazi Party
Adam   Tue May 02, 2006 9:01 am GMT
SNP = Scottish National Party
Adam   Tue May 02, 2006 9:02 am GMT
No.

SNP = Scottish Nasty Party
french man   Tue May 02, 2006 9:46 am GMT
No, Scotland is a nice country where people is really welcome, i testify it. It is not the case in England: Skineads, hooligans...
Guest   Tue May 02, 2006 10:58 am GMT
Yeah, right...England is a big, bad, multicultural meany with millions of immigrants but Scotland is a paradisical haven, free of radicalism.

Vive la stupidité infantile !

*roll eyes*
Guest   Tue May 02, 2006 12:56 pm GMT
London is multiculturally not the England.
Guest   Tue May 02, 2006 12:57 pm GMT
For the wordld cup, hooligans were english not scottish, it is a fact!
Jim C, Jorvikskyr   Tue May 02, 2006 3:09 pm GMT
They are an embarrasing minority, and other countrys have them as well. The racism in the Spanish game is getting beyond a joke. And I certainly wouldn't want to walk into a Celtic pub wearing a Hearts shirt.

London is not the only multi-cultural place in England or the UK.

There have been problems in the past, but they are always triggered by a minority. The programme on Thursday about the Bradford Riots in West Yorkshire should be interesting to see how these terrible situations occur.

I think our Tourist depts are doing a very bad job, if you lot have an impression of England, and the UK like this. Every country has these problems, I assure you the majority of Britons get on well, and have no problem with each others cultures. Its a small minority that give us a bad reputation internationaly.
Guest   Tue May 02, 2006 9:03 pm GMT
England has a bad image because of guys like Adam.
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue May 02, 2006 10:09 pm GMT
London.....a vast metropolis made up of small replicas of practically every culture on Earth and all the Languages that go with them. London...a great city for fun times...blast times rule there...yay!!.....but to live there? No way!...just point me in the direction of King's Cross train station for the next through train back up to Edinburgh Waverley.....back to polite, friendly people - unlike those that abound in London....a huge and seemingly cruel and soulless city for a lot of people where they can be as lonely as it's possible to get unless they have friends.

If the British Nazi ..sorry...National Party do well in the London (and other English) municipal elections on Thursday it will be sad......but hardly a surprise in the light of recent events regarding the immigrant fiasco.
Jim C, Jorvikskyr   Wed May 03, 2006 12:12 am GMT
Talk about bad timing eh? Support of the BNP has tended to drop in South and West Yorkshire, and they have no chance in North or East Yorkshire. We arn't voting this thursday here, but I'll be watching to see what happens.

I would say the south is a fairly unfriendly place, but I got that impression from Edinburgh as well, in fact any city apart from York has a hard face on it to me. I suppose it's not untill you get used to the people and the streets, or Gates as they are called round here, that you feel comfortable in an urban environment.

Football violence is a worry, and there is an element in England fans that cause trouble. A really bad example was the Ireland England match of 95, that got called off because the Irish scored and the England fans started a riot.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8809859091462752756&q=Ireland+95&pl=true

Makes me feel ashamed. And I think the majority of Brits would feel the same.