I wanna speak Irish accent

frayshin   Wed May 31, 2006 6:17 pm GMT
still there... sorry got tired of waiting, left
frayshin   Wed May 31, 2006 6:20 pm GMT
anyway... i really want to know how to speak with a convincing irish accent, because i act (could be a handy tool)
Lazar   Wed May 31, 2006 8:02 pm GMT
<<My guess is someone foreign, probably American as no British person would refer to the Times as the London Times!>>

Yep...a dead giveaway. ;-)

Now that we've got that cleared up, I think this whole fake article debacle should be deleted.
Rebecca   Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:55 pm GMT
i really really really really need to speak irish. i'm in love with that accent so if there are any irish people out there who can help me please come onto this website and learn me irish. thanks. seeya next timexxxx
DannyBoy   Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:00 pm GMT
Hi Rebecca i'm irish so here are some pointers. to pronounce girl say 'gurl' to pronounce down say 'doun' to pronounce upstairs say 'upsturs', to pronounce baby say 'baybee' and to pronounce school say 'schuwel'. Just try to get an irish tape to help you. thanks for listening. hope i helped you.........
Chris   Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:06 pm GMT
Try speaking a Southern US accent really, really fast.
Guest   Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:19 pm GMT
Oh dannyboy, I'll assume you are from the North or Donegal or Monaghan.
Elaine   Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:49 am GMT
Is Accent and Dialect a global problem?
Dieu et mon droit   Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:44 am GMT
Well, Adam, british accent is well, irish is better...
Emily   Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:31 am GMT
It is hard to learn to speak with an Irish accent. I think that you have to be around an area where they speak Irish all the time, because it has been proven that the Irish accent is the most difficult accent in the whole UK, however I suggest that you should go to Ireland for a holiday as it is easier to pick up accents that way better. Hope my suggestion helps to those who really really want to speak that way.
Jhon   Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:39 am GMT
Whoever want to change their natural accent has a big issue i believe.

why can you not just speak with your own accent... the accent that you have been brought up with. Your own accent is part of you part of who you are identified as why on earth would you want to change that. I believe that you are not happy with yourself who you are and hence want to change. It is utterly absurd.
i am sorry for those whom i offend with my judgment but this is how I critize people like that.
To Jhon - Jess   Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:53 am GMT
Just because you want to speak with an Irish or a different accent that doesn't mean you are "utterly absurd" as you have perfectly stated above or that you are not happy with yourself, because trust me I love the way I speak, but also would love to speak with a different accent that I also favor like Irish. I do agree that your accent is part of who you are, but none of us say that we dislike our accent or wish we could get rid of it.
Jhon just do me a favor next time think of your judgements before you state them.

uhm.... what was i going to say........Oh yh sorry if I may overcome arrogant, but this is the truth sorry.
Grianmhar   Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:41 pm GMT
I think accents are fun, but I'd never want to change mine permanantly. Language is really interesing, its fun to be able to impersonate (always in good taste though, of course)
Mary   Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:52 pm GMT
I just wanted to say, although Americans are stereotypically lazy and stupid and superficial, doesn't mean we are all like that, granted many are. It is the same with saying that every French person is selfish, everyone from Yorkshire is thick, everyone from Ireland is a drunk, everyone from Poland is stupid, Mexicans steal...etc.. they're all just stereotypes. Everyone knows that stereotyping isn't a great thing, but we all continue to do it anyway, especially to foreigners. If people want to talk in a different accent, fine, thats their problem, regardless of other people's opinions. No person from one country will be any better than someone from another at speaking with a foreign accent based on where they live.
Jessyca   Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:42 pm GMT
"Hi Rebecca i'm irish so here are some pointers. to pronounce girl say 'gurl' to pronounce down say 'doun' to pronounce upstairs say 'upsturs', to pronounce baby say 'baybee' and to pronounce school say 'schuwel'. Just try to get an irish tape to help you. thanks for listening. hope i helped you......... "

Funny, except for "upsturs" all the pronunciations you listed are how I speak--and I'm American.

"I kinda like the Scottish accent in a weird way."

Oh dear god. Never saw that coming. I think a zombie took over Adam and devoured his mind.