Sick of ignorant Americans and even some Canadians!

from OHIO   Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:16 pm GMT
"Well, realize that YOU Americans have a history of only 400 years! And we have 4000 years of history. You have 3500 years of blank history space in your head. Reason why you can afford to learn the European history, and after all you descend from mainly European emigrants, so it should be your history as well. And please don’t compare the US states with real EU countries that all have distinct culture and distinct language. ""

Dokis,

Majority of Americans blaim on teachers for their lack of culture, but I don't believe it's that. It's just the fact they are not interested in anything beyond US, since they believe US is the BEST, culture means nothing for them, speaking a foreign language is not important since there are many Englsh speakers around the world.
I know I know, some heads will jump out of their necks and say again :you generalize again.
Guest   Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:21 pm GMT
In the US the size of vibrator matters alot, more then who has electricity,and how much culture one has.
Uriel   Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:55 pm GMT
No no; vibrators REQUIRE electricity. So in order to use one properly, it is incumbent upon the user to know where that power source can be found.

Personally, not a big fan of them; I prefer the real thing. But still, I prefer that they not be .... petite.
Tiffany   Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:06 pm GMT
<<I know I know, some heads will jump out of their necks and say again :you generalize again.>>

They don't have to. You said it yourself.
greg   Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:53 am GMT
a guest : « After this discussion I told her that in Romania a minute has more then 60 seconds and she believed me. »

Mmmmmm... Trollisme ?
Guest   Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:57 am GMT
>>After this discussion I told her that in Romania a minute has more then 60 seconds and she believed me.<<

So? It's true anyway. A "Romanian minute" has 61 seconds, much like how a baker's dozen is 13.
Eurodance   Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:34 am GMT
I love Canada. It's a little Europe of Americas.
You want England, you get it. You want France you get it.
lovin' this country.
Uriel   Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:26 am GMT
Well, they say Quebec is like France, but with all of the attitude and none of the scenery. ;)
Johnathan Mark   Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:01 pm GMT
I love the parts of Canada where there are no Canadians--the wilderness of the Canadian Shield.

I met some Canadians once at a music festival, and their language was much less than polite--they were dropping the F-bombs like nothing. Are Canadians known for this, or were these guys exceptions (I know that their are plenty of foul-mouthed Americans, but must educated people in the U.S. of A. save the swear words until they are necessary)?
Dokis   Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:51 pm GMT
“Personally, not a big fan of them; I prefer the real thing. But still, I prefer that they not be .... petite.”

To phrase it in less euphemistic manner (so my message doesn’t get deleted) The American dudes are obsessed by the size of their “toys”, and this has a repercussion on female mentality as well.

Not by chance the term “Latin lover” reflects the fact that the Neo-Latins speak a Romantic - Romance language, ( that was heavily influenced by Greek by the way)
Eros souvlaki   Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:45 pm GMT
>>Not by chance the term “Latin lover” reflects the fact that the Neo-Latins speak a Romantic - Romance language, ( that was heavily influenced by Greek by the way) <<

Such a silly title is a cover to compensate for little appendages. LL = Little Lovers would more adequately account for their inadequacies.

Romance languages sound nothing like Greek anyway. Greek sounds mostly Middle Eastern.
Uriel   Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:33 am GMT
I don't know that American men are "obsessed" -- after all, they've each got whatever they've got, and have to make the best of it. And American women come with all tastes and persuasions on the subject.

I have not found Latins -- at least the ones over here -- to be cursed with "inadequacies", E. souvlaki. But perhaps your research has been more extensive than mine? ;)
Zorba   Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:38 am GMT
About extensive as Dokis's
Guest   Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:44 am GMT
I have found Canadians attempt to blend into the local culture and adapt to local laws, taste, etc. when visiting another country, where unlike Americans who complain they why do we do things differently from them?
Maria   Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am GMT
Ignorant is the European who said,

"I would define an ignorant American as someone who doesn't own a passport, or who can't speak more than one language."

Europeans are ignorant to call Americans stupid when they've never met an American, nor have they visited the country, all they do is base their opinions on racist stereotypes.

If everyone is Europe can afford to visit over-seas countries three times a year, then you wouldn't say this. Spanish is pretty much the unofficial second language of the US. Just as many Americans speak Spanish as Canadians speak French.

If Europeans have enough time to waste learning to speak Greek when they're never going to really use bi-linguility in their daily lives, THAT is ignorance.

Translate this: "Chinga tu a madre"