What's your favorite language family?

Guest   Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:55 am GMT
"Là où l'Allemagne (et la France, dans une bien moindre mesure toutefois) a 200 ans d'avance sur des pays tels que la Russie, la Chine ou les États-Unis, c'est que le travail de réflexion et de prévention est infiniment plus courageux, authentique, approfondi et *ACCEPTÉ* au sein de la population.
C'est ce travail qui lui permet aujourd'hui un retour en force diplomatique et militaire sur la scène internationale."

I agree! Well said, greg!!
Joey   Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:50 am GMT
LAA

(My brother used to work for Ford motor Company. Indians used to come into Las Vegas and test drive cars. They could not be denied a test drive, because of anti-discrimination laws. They would then take the car, and drive onto the reservations. From that point on, once they were on reservation grounds, they were free from the law of the United States. So, the car dealership would have to meet with their council of elders, (the legislative/judicial body) to plead their case against the theft of their property. The council mainly did this as an exercise of formality, for they would always rule in favor of the thief of their tribe who stole their car. So, Indians drive around in free Ford Mustang convertables all the time, without having to pay a dime, and they get away with it free and clear at that!)

Haha I realy had a good laugh when I saw this, good for them.
analizador   Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:08 am GMT
1. spanish
2. french
3 english(because there is no vous form)
Linguist   Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:46 pm GMT
My beloved language family is Slavic :D
Second is Baltic languages, they rock!
and finally I like celtic languages.
Presley.   Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:11 am GMT
Hmmm...

I just realized or, rather, admit something!!

I love the sound of all languages. In fact, the more unfamiliar the better! Every time I hear a language that I cannot understand, it sends chills down my spine, and I want to just continue to listen.
Tritski   Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:44 pm GMT
Here comes my list:
1.Italian( Rome accent)
2.Russian
3.Czech/Slovak
4.Turkish
5.French
6.Serbo-Croatian
7.Japanese
8.Chinese
9.English(British accent)
But I abhor the other Germanic languages except English.
JR   Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:36 am GMT
I agree with you Presley, the more different they are, the more I like them. Especially if I can find similarities between that language and the ones I know. It's great