Chinese/Japanese

Kelly   Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:26 pm GMT
Japanese is nicer. Chinese languages sounds like bees on speed
Chinese   Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:25 am GMT
Japanese (Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana) completely derived from Chinese!

Kanji was borrowed from traditional Chinese characters.

Hiragana & Katakana were rebuilt from Chinese grass style characters.

So it would not be exaggerated to say that Japanese characters could NOT come into being, without benefits from great Chinese culture!
Chinese   Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:41 am GMT
I've got an Italian friend, he told me that he's always wanted to be the modern Marco Polo, to promote the relationships (Culture & Trading) between China and Italy, and he said that Italy doesn't have a good relationship with Japan. His name is Fancello Federico, he's from Roma.
Guest   Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:20 pm GMT
Katakana comes from taking small pieces of Chinese characters written in the modern script, while hiragana comes from grass script characters.
Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:54 am GMT

Thanks for your correction! I've got a clerical error. hahaha...
Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:34 am GMT
Re: Guest

You're every inch an ignoramus, fatuous and snooty man! Up to you then!
Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:54 am GMT
Re: Turçanka

Unfortunately, now I have to correct your ridiculous prejudice! Chinese speak (pronunciation) and write (Grammar) English much better than Japanese and Korean, especially on pronunciation.
lu   Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:08 am GMT
maybe Japanese sounds good because of the enormous amount of animation made in Japan and those very professional voice casts behind that.
sino   Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:35 pm GMT
Turchanaka and Troy,

I guess both names belong to you, and you may have no courage to show us your nationality, that's for sure, and you may not be born on this planet, this is really a pity for God, why creat you??

Get out of this planet, or show us your nationality!

U sOB!!
sino   Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:45 pm GMT
Chinese

Be modest as your modest acient fellows!
And better not initiate a quarrel.
We are just disscussing.
Iberian   Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:23 pm GMT
But Iberian portuguese or 'slum' portuguese (for lack of better term) definitely impairs intelligibility.

>if it is intelligible is because you have slum ears and speak slum spanish.
Guest   Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:53 pm GMT
"Why didn't you study rare languages such as Laos or Cambodia language? Because you couldn't spend your time on these useless & worthless languages. "

Simply for the pleasure of doing it. There are linguists who "waste" the time studying those "useless" languages so what would you tell to them ? Anyway you can't compare French or Spanish or Hindi or Arabian with those countries' languages. You could learn Dutch for example, the language of a rich country but where would you go with it ? but there are people who learn it just for the pleasure of doing it.

So why to study Chinese too ? why to spend the time trying to read it f.e. which is impossible in a short time, it's better to use the time in a more comprehensible language where you will find much more literature like Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian...etc.

"but China seems not just like you described, it's all due to your prejudice to China."

Tell me how many simple workers worldwide want to migrate illegally (since immigration is not allowed) to China today looking for a better life ? and how many Chinese people leave the country for the same reason ?

You base the possible somebody's interest of learning a language in the economical status of the countries that use that language and you speak of prejudices. Forget your exaggerated nationalism, there are good things and people outside China too.
Presley.   Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:08 am GMT
***NOTE TO BRENNUS***

Please remove the offensive post made by Turchanka about China and its people.
Chinese   Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:07 am GMT
Re: Turchanka & Troy

I was not furious with anger when I read your post, because you're really rattlebrained and uncivilized clowns. I wish God could forgive you!
Chinese   Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:11 am GMT
Actions speak louder than words!

Those people, who are disgusted with everything of China, all seem to have an absurd ideation, and actually they know Nothing about China.
I said that, and now I repeat, if you want to remark on China and Chinese, that's OK, but please come to China and feel around everything in China. (Not short-term tour, Need to settle down here).
When it comes to the Economic topic, you have to observe on the true standard of living, brilliant Chinese culture, style and features of city construction, security quotiety, and some other respects in modern China. Please don't just imagine China as a terrible and uncultured nation.
If someone really can't eliminate his ridiculous prejudice towards China and Chinese people, I have no other way but keeping silence all by myself.