Deutsch sprechen? Steig ein!

Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:39 pm GMT
=>which level of Anglia exams did you pass? <=

Level 12 or 13 I think?I ought to check.I was going for the proficiency level but I never did... too lazy I reckon :)
Candy   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:41 pm GMT
I knew you'd take it the wrong way. I never said you had any problems expressing yourself. BUT you could use a few more synonyms, more complex language all round. None of the students I teach have problems expressing themselves - they want to do it 'better', that's all. You're the same level as the people I see every day.
I said upthread that it was difficult to make a 'diagnosis' when I've never met you. But I stand by my diagnosis. When I said I know Dutch people who write much better English than you, that wasn't an insult, just a fact. I know a guy in Delft who wrote his doctoral thesis in English, and still writes all his research etc in English.

And you haven't answered my question about exam level.
Candy   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:42 pm GMT
OK, now you have! ;)
Although I could only see 10 levels on the website! :-)
Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:43 pm GMT
I believe I have ..
Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:45 pm GMT
Ups!

Nope it has 14 levels :-)

=>I know a guy in Delft who wrote his doctoral thesis in English, and still writes all his research etc in English. <=

I could and never want to compete with that ...
Candy   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:49 pm GMT
I could and never want to compete with that ... >>

You could write a doctoral thesis in English, do you mean? Yeah, couldn't we all...;)

Well, when you come to Düsseldorf to kill me for being so pedentic and annoying, we'll sit down for half an hour beforehand and I'll REALLY check your standard of English...and tell you how to improve (a little or a hell of a lot!) :-) But give me a quick death...!

Can we be on nice terms again?
Candy   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:50 pm GMT
pedAntic not pedentic!!! Big typo!!
Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:51 pm GMT
Yes please!
Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:52 pm GMT
Do you have recording options? To record your voice and put it online?
Candy   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:56 pm GMT
Oh good, big relief! :-)
Don't think I have any recording options, but I'm technically illiterate....what would that involve?? What equipment, I mean?

Does this mean you're not coming to kill me?!
Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:57 pm GMT
=>Does this mean you're not coming to kill me?! <=

Wel , your of the hook for the moment....
Candy   Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:01 pm GMT
OH, the temptation to correct the mistakes in that post....but that would probably put me right back on the hook, so I'll hold back...
Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:02 pm GMT
I put 2 mistakes in the message on purpose and LOL I knew you were going to say that.
Candy   Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:05 pm GMT
What about technical equipment?

Deliberate mistakes...hmm.....
Sander   Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:06 pm GMT
Of course, :-)

well (+l) and you're ...