How many synonyms for MONEY

Real Deal   Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:21 pm GMT
Fenia ( the dictionary of criminal terms ) presents at least 26 synonyms for money. These are not spontaneously invented words but are a mustknow if you get locked/jailed in russian prison or socializing with the criminal world outside. Even the children are using some of them, some you might hear in russian movies and tv. I dunno but I imagine there are more not the criminal synonyms for money but lazy to recall them. Does English language has at least 5 synonyms for word - money? The the the the the the?

money
1) altushka
2) babki
3) bablo
4) balabaniy
5) belki
6) drozhi
7) kapusta
8) Lav
9) Laviy
10) Laveshki
11) lav'ev
12) Moloko
13) Oveos
14) Ohcha
15) Puli
16) Saman
17) Titi - miti
18) Fanera
19) Fug
20) Havriy
21) Hrustiy
22) Czifriy
23) Zcuzca
24) Chistotel
25) Shmeli
26) lavandos
Sander   Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:50 pm GMT
If you're just here to tell us how great Russian, Russia and the Russians are.Please just write it straight away and don't start (subliminal) topics about it.
Real Deal   Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:46 pm GMT
Sander I didn't mean to offend you my little friend. 27th synonym could be babul'ki Strich babul'ki = to make money)

Sander you got any problem?
Gjones2   Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:53 pm GMT
Both formal and slang words for money are common in most languages. Here are over seventy that I gathered before I got tired of typing. Doubtlessly there are many more.

bacon
baksheesh
banknote
bankroll
beans
benjamins
berries
bits
bones
boodle
bucks
buckshee
c-note
capital
cash
cabbage
cheddar
cheese
chicamin
coin
cream
currency
danegeld
dinero
dividends
dollars
dosh
dough
ducats
filthy lucre
funds
gelt
gold certificate
grand
gravy
green
greenbacks
jack
kale
kitty
legal tender
lettuce
loot
mammon
mazuma
moolah
oscar
pap
pay
payment
pecunia
pesos
pile
plaster
pounds shillings and pence
proceeds
purse
receipts
rhino
rivets
roll
scratch
silver certificate
smackeroos
specie
spondulicks
sugar
sum
tithe
treasure
wad of bills
wampum
wealth
wherewithal
Uriel   Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:00 am GMT
Don't forget clams, dead presidents, and lucre -- preferably the filthy kind.
Guest   Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:13 am GMT
And don't forget "lolly", at least in Britain.
Frances   Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:54 am GMT
Luka, papers...

Then I've heard specific ones like "pineapple" for a $A 50 (same colour as a pineapple" and "drinking vouchers"
Jenny   Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:47 am GMT
I hadn't heard pineapple. I was going to say a $50 dollar note is normally called an avocado in Australian currency. Almost the same colour as a pineapple :)
Real Deal   Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:30 pm GMT
It seems some of synonyms you have listed kinda if you'd call your cock as an old fella. As if my old fella needs to be standing to full attention before u start standing doggy lol. Furthermore the major part of your synonyms are anything but what would have any slightest connection to money or to operations with money in its meaning like baksheesh, banknote, bankroll, boodle, capital, cash,coin,currency, dividends,pay, purse, treasure etc etc. IF going by this I would type around 1000+ so called synomyms for money. For example.let's take a simple situation. You really sure you would be quitely understood had you had to say something to the person you see for the 1st time something like just - sorry the problems with bacon/boodle/cheese/gold certificate/loot/sugar? You might be uderstood correctly had you have to say these in proper contect right old fella? go bullshit to Nigga. If you approach any 1st russian on the street and say something hey got a problem with lavandos/babki/lave/kapusta etc what would sound like Slushaiy problemiy s lavandosom/babkami/lave/kapustoiy you can be sure you will make every person know that you got problems with oscar! fuck Oscar who? with money. Go bullsjit elsewhere cronie
Candy   Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:20 pm GMT
OK, Real Deal. I for one humbly concede that Russian has more synonyms for money than English has. I humbly concede the innate superiority of Russian over English, and of course over all other languages in the world, and possibly the universe.

Are you happy now?
Reel Dale   Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:03 pm GMT
Yay! I'm happy, we're all happy. Yippee!

Now I will quietly go away and leave everyone alone forever by celebrating my victory of Russki over Ingliski!
Sander   Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:05 pm GMT
=>OK, Real Deal. I for one humbly concede that Russian has more synonyms for money than English has. I humbly concede the innate superiority of Russian over English, and of course over all other languages in the world, and possibly the universe.

Are you happy now? <=

LoL, couldn't have said it any better ;-)
Mannix   Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:54 am GMT
It seems like all of you have forgotten about ''bread''. ''bread'' was a slang term for money.
Real Deal   Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:49 am GMT
hey reel dale russki over ingliski sounds retarded. The correct pronunciation would be closer to russkogo over angliyskim. You sound like those retards in Hollywood who pretend to be russians.

Fight feet foot?
Candy   Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:09 pm GMT
Who cares about the correct pronunciation?