chinese languages

Chinese   Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:40 pm GMT
Kelly

1, You think Chinese are eating dogs? Now scarcely ever, throughout China.

2, English isn't the native language of many countries, just 2nd language.

3, Yes, Japanese sounds melodic, but Chinese is also a beautiful language.

4, Please remember that Communism actually doesn't mean undemocratic. Perhaps you're unfortunately not very good at the philosophy and politics.
Chinese   Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:50 pm GMT
More than 800 millions of population speak Mandarin, and the rest of people (more than 400 millions) tend to speak Cantonese, Minnanese, Wunese, and Hakka, but if necessary, most of them can also speak and understand Mandarin very familiarly in some formal occasions. Generally speaking, Mandarin is an universal standard language of Chinese people.
Chinese   Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:06 pm GMT
Communism, as a matter of fact, has been thrown out of the national system gradually since the last decade, in the Mainland China. And now, frankly speaking, there's hardly any obvious difference between China and Western countries, especially China has made a world-shaking achievements on the Economic development, the nowaday China is absolutely not the old laggard China, Please, Kelly, come to China and see!
Guest   Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:18 pm GMT
"You think Chinese are eating dogs? Now scarcely ever, throughout China. "

Chinese eat rats as well I've seen it, don't deny it. Phew!

"And now, frankly speaking, there's hardly any obvious difference between China and Western countries,"

HA! I'd like to see a students strike again to see if what you are saying is true!

Chinese government as the American one are a nest of killers.
-   Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:33 pm GMT
Guest or Kelly,

Please provide proof of chinese eating rats! I can asure you even if you have proof, only the minority are doing that, just like people of other nationalities!

May I know which country you are from, I dont think you would be afraid to declare it if you have the guts to critise the country of others!
__Oo&   Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:48 pm GMT
Find out who Zhang Guoxun is.
Ben   Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:51 pm GMT
Even if Chinese do eat dogs, and I assure you that the majority have never contemplated this option, who are you to judge us based on your cultural values? We are not obliged to seek your approval with regards to what we choose to place on our dining table.
Guest   Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:09 pm GMT
"Please provide proof of chinese eating rats! I can asure you even if you have proof, only the minority are doing that, "

Well I gave you the proof, the Chinese people here were the ones who started speaking of eating pets.

"who are you to judge us based on your cultural values? We are not obliged to seek your approval with regards to what we choose to place on our dining table. "

Really who cares ? You all are going around presuming of the wonderful China, feeling like a you are better than the rest bashing to others but you don't like when somebody takes out the Chinas's closet ghosts.
Jo   Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:36 pm GMT
What's the difference between eating a dog and a rabbit?
What I would rather object to is the cruelty of eating brains of monkeys when they are still alive.
Guest   Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:33 pm GMT
"What's the difference between eating a dog and a rabbit? "

Dogs (and cats) are seen as beloved pets in western countries much more than rabbits. Even they are treated like a member of the family, so would you eat a member of your family...please don't answer me.

Rats are associated with dirty sewers and transmit very dangerous illnesses. In general, cute, sweet and fur animals are not seen as food as often as in some Asian countries.
Yawn   Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:45 pm GMT
Rabbit is a wild animal, dogs and cats ain't.
That's why we, in Western countries, consider unpleasent to abuse them.
It's obvious pandas are missing nowadays. I bet Chinese eat them too.
No famine in China, because people there eat everything that moves.
Guest   Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:18 am GMT
darn
why some immature people always want to relate language to politics.
if you want to learn chinese, then the best choice is mandarin.
Guest   Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:35 am GMT
and please stop the nonsense about eating pandas, monkey brains, and rats. these are all rumors today.

and to some people, indians treat cattles like god. why do you eat their gods then? you treat your family members well but other's people god as foods, what a selfish logic.

so shut up if you eat animals, they're all EQUAL!!
JR   Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:41 am GMT
No... Just no.
If a small minority of Chinese wants to eat cats and dogs, who are we to judge. They obviously don't care about them like we would, so to them it is not like eating they're family member. It's like the situation with the cows in India vs. the Western world.

However, the monkey thing is cruel and disturbs me...
Guest   Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:11 am GMT
"and please stop the nonsense about eating pandas, monkey brains, and rats. these are all rumors today.

and to some people, indians treat cattles like god. why do you eat their gods then? you treat your family members well but other's people god as foods, what a selfish logic.

so shut up if you eat animals, they're all EQUAL!! "

I absolutely agree you, if the West treats cats and dogs as their family, then thats what westerners think, asians are not obliged to think like westerners, so you have no right to use western values to criticise asians! If your logic works then you should not be eating beef since cattles are treated like gods in india!

Kelly or Guest,
When chinese here start talking about eating pets, how can that be proof of chinese eating rats?? I realy don't understand your logic, please enlighten me.