Mouvement Montréal Français

Antoine de La Liberation   Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:41 pm GMT
Nous, citoyennes et citoyens regroupés dans le Mouvement Montréal français, lançons un appel pressant à la mobilisation et à l’action, non seulement pour contrer les reculs du français à Montréal, mais surtout pour réaliser l’objectif ultime de la Charte de la langue française : faire du français la véritable langue commune et officielle du Québec.

Nous savons que nous sommes nombreux à ne pas avoir perdu notre fierté et notre envie de combattre. Nous sommes prêts à surpasser le défaitisme ambiant, qui consiste à croire qu’il n’y a rien à faire parce que le français sera toujours menacé dans le contexte nord-américain.

Le statut de langue commune pour le français à Montréal est essentiel pour permettre l’inclusion de tous les citoyens et citoyennes du Québec dans un espace public commun et pour assurer l’avenir du français au Québec. Cet objectif doit mobiliser toutes les composantes de la société civile.

Nous voulons briser le silence sur la question linguistique.

Nous refusons que la mondialisation serve de prétexte à l’anglicisation.

Nous dénonçons et combattons le bilinguisme institutionnel.

Nous voulons assumer notre rôle crucial, comme citoyennes et citoyens de la région de Montréal, dans l’accueil et la francisation des nouveaux arrivants.

http://www.montrealfrancais.info/
Guest   Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:30 pm GMT
how weird would it be for quebec to become independent as a canadian that i am, there would be a gap
Guest   Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:56 pm GMT
Well dear Canadian friend, looks like Québec doesn't feel the same, check out this:

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t271-0.htm
Guest   Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:35 pm GMT
"citoyennes" "citoyens"

I guess both words are different because of the gender but which is which, and how are they pronounced ? thanks
Presley.   Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:52 am GMT
I don't like Quebecois French...O.K...let me rephrase that - I don't like when Celine Dion speaks French. It sounds so nasal and high-pitched like she has the flu and took five whiffs of helium.

OH!! I just made a connection!!

Canadian French = Beijing Opera preformed in French.
BONJORNO   Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:25 am GMT
I GUESS CANADA WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE ONLY ONE NATIONAL LANGUAGE IF THIS IS THE CASE OF MONTREAL, QUEBEC BECOMING INDEPENDENT.
Guest   Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:03 am GMT
<I read an article by a Canadian journalist in "Macleans Magazine" last year who said that "Canada is not a true bilingual country but one that simply "tolerates" another language." I'm inclined to think that he's right.>

Noticed how I highlighted 'tolerate'? I hate that word - I would be more confortable with something more warming. It sounds like they are forced to like the language (French or English).
Lolly   Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:54 am GMT
Well, France gave up Quebec a long time ago. All french people like doing is to laugh at Quebec dialect that sounds ''hilly and weird'' to a Parisienne ear.

It is interesting to notice that French speakers make problems in these countries:

BELGIUM
SWITZERLAND
CANADA

French speakers want everybody seing Belgium, Switzerland and Canada as FRENCH-SPEAKING countries, but only one third of Belgium/Switzerland/Canada is French speaking.

Well, Quebec people, if you don't like Canada, please go to Tahiti, Mayotte or another French colony.
Ben   Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:49 am GMT
Why must it be "citoyennes et citoyens" where "citoyens" would suffice? If there's anything in le francais de Quebec, it must be the way which rabid feminisation has taken control of the language.
Pauline   Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:25 pm GMT
<<It is interesting to notice that French speakers make problems in these countries:

BELGIUM
SWITZERLAND
CANADA

French speakers want everybody seing Belgium, Switzerland and Canada as FRENCH-SPEAKING countries, but only one third of Belgium/Switzerland/Canada is French speaking. >>
----------------------------------------------------------------------

How the french speakers make problems in this countries ? it's our own countries so of course we want speak french !!!! Maybe the people who are speaking the majority language (english, flemish, german etc....) would like that we don't exist ; so, put the blame to them sometimes also.
Pauline   Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:28 pm GMT
I have noticed, it must be : ''these'' countries. Sorry for my mistakes.
LAA   Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:37 pm GMT
<<French speakers want everybody seing Belgium, Switzerland and Canada as FRENCH-SPEAKING countries, but only one third of Belgium/Switzerland/Canada is French speaking. >>

Tell that to a Fleming.
Philippe   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:43 am GMT
Hey Lolly!

<<Well, France gave up Quebec a long time ago. All french people like doing is to laugh at Quebec dialect that sounds ''hilly and weird'' to a Parisienne ear.>>

Ans: France didn't give up Quebec but it was the british landgrabbers who took it away from the rightful owner through treaty with the backing of its allied country. Same thing with what happened to Cape Colony(South Africa) a dutch colony.

<<It is interesting to notice that French speakers make problems in these countries:

BELGIUM
SWITZERLAND
CANADA >>

It is interesting to notice that English Language make problems in these countries:

CANADA
SOUTH AFRICA
IRELAND
Benjamin   Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:43 pm GMT
« France didn't give up Quebec but it was the british landgrabbers who took it away from the rightful owner through treaty with the backing of its allied country. Same thing with what happened to Cape Colony(South Africa) a dutch colony. »

I do not see how one can really speak of 'rightful owners' of European colonies in this sense. To describe the Boers/Afrikaners as the 'rightful owners' of South Africa seems rather, um... strange and very eurocentric.
greg   Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:36 am GMT
Brennus : « Discussions about Quebec politics have little to do with the French language per se (...) ».

C'est vrai — a première vue.

Mais en y regardant à deux fois, la politique québécoise et langue française ont réellement partie liée.