Attitude on SLAVIC LANGUAGES

Jason   Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:02 pm GMT
<“Ion Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:41 am GMT
Is anybody here insinuating that Latin is superior to Slavic? If so, you must be kidding! There is nothing wrong with Slavic language" >

Linking Slavs with slaves,it is a part of bad attitude.
we must be politically correct.

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t5846.htm
...   Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:56 pm GMT
Particularly the Romanians have a very negative attitude toward Slav people and languages. To me, this is due to an inferiority complex because they feel isolated from the rest of the Latin countries and even they themselves say that Romania is a Latin island in the Slavic sea (except for Hungary, of course, but Hungarians are even more different). So, I guess they feel sort of left out. in addition, they're angered at the fact that many people, especially in the West and other Latin countries, don't even know that Romanian is a Romance language. A Venezuelan friend of mine had no idea about that until I told him. So, emphasize their Latin heritage to boost their national pride at the expense of the Slavs.

Slavs, on the other hand, don't view Romanians positively. The general consensus in those countries is that Romanians are Gypsies, thieves, beggars, and prostitutes. Sounds horrible, but that's the reality, so don't jump down my throat.
OldAvatar   Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:51 pm GMT
"Particularly the Romanians have a very negative attitude toward Slav people and languages"

The emphasise you're talking about took part almost 200 hundreds years ago. Nobody cares about those things anymore.

Most of the people and cities names in Romania are Slavic and not Latin. The accent in Moldova, for example, is a powerful Slavic one, making the language unrecognisable as a Romance language.

What makes you say that Romanians have a very negative attitude towards Slavic people? I mean a very negative one.... Not only negative, but a serious negative one. This is totally non-sense. Many Romanians have Slavic origins, even if they speak a Romance language, there is not reason in the world to have some bad attitude against Slavs, that is just a pure invention, it hasn't got any connection with the real facts... At least, in present days. How can you have a negative attitude against everybody arround you? How can you live with such an idea? Slavic neighbours are Orthodox like Romanians, they have similar culture, similar habits, I have not idea how you came up with that statement...

Probably you can find some nationalists who don't like Slavs or God knows whoelse, but that doesn't mean, in general, that Romanians have something against Slavs... or, perhaps, when you said Slavs you meant Russians... cos that's indeed a different story