Here we go,some American slang which related to cute girl

leopard   Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:21 am GMT
1. Hey,Mike,look at the cute chick over there. "chick",means "girl"
2.You're gorgeous!=you're pretty or you're beautiful,"gorgeous",such a good word to begin a conversation with a girl :)
3.She's a babe,dude.Don't pronounce for "baby",or you're concernly given a big laugh
4.You're turning me on. if you know the phrase "turn the TV on",you know the "me" is the TV,lol
5.Lucy is a hottie. Yeah,you got it,of course it means hot girl
Brennus   Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:49 am GMT
"Hottie" is a new slang word in English (probably a California reinvention) which can apply to an attractive looking member of either sex. It is used by younger people... I would say even under 35. 'Chick' and 'babe' have been around a long time and can probably be traced back indirectly to the original Indo-European (sometimes called Indo-Germanic). For example, Spanish has chica and Albanian has Çikë both meaning "girl". Italian has bambino meaning "baby" or "doll," Greek has byba "baby girl" etc.
leopard   Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:11 am GMT
To Brennus,you're very professional linguist.BTW,is there any adjective which can be used to describe fat girls? Better for slang.Here're 2 of mine:plump,well-developed
Ed   Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:15 am GMT
"To Brennus,you're very professional linguist.BTW,is there any adjective which can be used to describe fat girls? Better for slang.Here're 2 of mine:plump,well-developed "

Big-boned.
Brennus   Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:30 am GMT
'Obese', 'plump', 'chubby' and 'heavy-set' are kind or relatively kind words to describe a woman who is fat in English. In Spanish, gordita (chubby) is considered more polite way to describe a fat woman than just plain gorda (fat).
Tiffany   Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:16 am GMT
In Italian, the endearing way to refer to a plump girl is "cicciona" (chee-CHO-na). "Grassa" can refer to fat women as well, but I don't consider it as nice.

Incidentally, I've been hearing that bigger boned girls like to refer to themselves as "thick" (US). I'm not sure if I'm entirely correct about this though.
Uriel   Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:01 am GMT
I can't say I've ever heard that one.
Geoff_One   Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:20 am GMT
Polite word for fat = rotund
Gjones2   Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:40 pm GMT
It's hard to keep up with the euphemism that's currently preferred, but 'big' is sometimes used for 'fat'.
Real Deal   Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:16 pm GMT
In russian the fat woman is called just a one word - KOROVA thats it. So now u know it and feel free to call that fat women in Russia and you'll get a kind respond.
Drunkie dicknose keep it real.
Real Deal   Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:42 pm GMT
or you might choose the more polite variant this one goes better with the fat woman you see for the 1st time call this beuty - KOBIULA PEDAL'NAYA
Ecko   Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 pm GMT
In New york a girl with an ugly face is called "hit". Its an expression that only been around for a year or so
leopard   Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:45 am GMT
<<Ecko Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 pm GMT
In New york a girl with an ugly face is called "hit". Its an expression that only been around for a year or so >>
The verb "hit" is very useful in American English.Here it is:
I'm going to hit the bed in five minutes.
It's time for us to hit the road.
AntiEarth   Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:07 am GMT
actually the term fugly is well known in describing umpleasant looking new yorkers.
Tiffany   Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:03 am GMT
Isn't "fugly" used to describe unpleasant looking people everywhere in the US?