Is Modern Hebrew more difficult than Modern Greek?

Calliope   Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:40 am GMT
Actually, this topic had more information on greek language and greeks than I had ever read in any topic. Wow! How many things people know these days...

http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t5743.htm
Ion   Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:45 am GMT
I couldn't agree more, dear Calliope. This forum and its' moderators have made it possible for us, simple people, to widen our horizons with knowledge and learn how to respect each other (and not open unnecessary conflicts which would make a team of students keep writing here every 20 minutes whatever comes to their sci-fi minds, right?!)

Peace is the best thing, especially between people who know each other for a long time... :-)
Leonidas   Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:49 am GMT
I think that me and Pelasgus will agree with that. Life is beautiful. And languages too...and war always ends up hurting everyone. But sometimes is needed though...
Observer   Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:53 am GMT
Yes, better late than never.
Calliope   Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:54 am GMT
That's nice, good trolls of these boards... the "Calliope" above was most certainly not me.

However, that thread quoted does have interesting info about Greeks and Albanians (mostly but not exclusively); what's interesting though is that the posting style of each says more about them than the content of their posts.

I think I'll include random Greek in my posts from now on to make sure I am me and the trolls are not... lol.

Θάνατος στους απανταχού ηλίθιους...
Guest   Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:10 am GMT
Brennus please delete all the spam messages of this topic
Calliope   Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:23 pm GMT
Actually, you know what? I will not fall prey of any suggestion. I will not write Greek in this forum where the language written is English. And if you see a posting with my name and Greek language in it, it hasn't been me who wrote it, but some sockpuppet. I love my name and will continue to used it.
Calliope   Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:24 pm GMT
...those bastards...
Ion   Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:56 pm GMT
This is outrageous. Someone used my name and I cannot make it anymore. I will not post here anymore. If you see my name being used, I am letting you know that it was someone else. I am going to take my pills now and listen to my preferred 80's folk albums.

Thank you all,
Good Bye!
Wish me luck with my new doctor...
Calliope   Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 pm GMT
So Brennus, care to do something about those sock puppets yet?

Meanwhile I will most definitely continue to add Greek to my real posts, since it's basically the only way one can tell it's me and not some idiot with identity issues.

I would suggest the irrelevant posts are deleted (mine included); no need to let yet another thread get ruined...

Από την Πόλη έρχομαι και στην κορφή κανέλλα
Calliope   Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:07 am GMT
You see, they are still using my name. This is not acceptable. Do I have to remove a fetus so that the moderators delete this spam and other spams in other topics. I am greek! Greek! Why are you doing this to me? Don't you know that Greeks are the smartest people in the world? I am Greek! Greeeeeeeek!

Moderator, there is spamming going on in this forum, here and somewhere else. It would be nice to delete them and/or close down the topic...mkay?

I am Greeeeeeeekkk...smart Greeeeeekkk...
Predrag   Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:22 am GMT
OK, ok, we got it...jeezzz...turbo-Calliope...
Calliope   Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:46 am GMT
Smart Greek or stupid Greek, I can still tell some people here are in an immediate need of therapy.

Καλές γιορτές σε όλους...
Predrag   Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:37 am GMT
I am poor anti-greek maniac .Don't blame me Calliope.I will need a psychotherapy,oh dumm it! i just said so many greek words :(
Calliope   Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:21 am GMT
Don't worry Predrag. Sometimes I feel down too and want to shoot myself in the eye, but the fact that my grandfather was turkish has nothing to do with what comes next. My husband killed himself a few years ago only because he didn't like the way he looked...people used to call him gypsy...and he was just a simple, dark skined greek, just like all of us...but he was smart...oh...so smart, and clean too. He used to shower once in three days, a record in our house...I miss him so much...

Greece is a wonderful place and the language...don't get me started...

Ah, so I don't forget
Από την Πόλη έρχομαι και στην κορφή κανέλλα

Please don't use my name again...Please...