What is your favorite Spanish variation? (no Spanish haters)

Pete   Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:07 am GMT
You're right, Rodrick. I guess it's a bit like what happens with English English and American English.

<<I find the Peruvian variation is nice. They don't have any accent and speak very clearly. They neither shout nor sing, as ALL the rest of Spanish speaking countries do, ALL.>>

Well, thanks very much. Some people say that, but you must be talking about the neutral urban accent spoken in Lima and important cities in the coast like Ica (my city, just south Lima. ^^ ). Becasue some accents in the far South or the Far Northern part sound a bit like lazy and like cowboy or farmer or something. And Working class accents suck! using antiquated expressions some dumb grammar constructions, an annoying pitch, and a fucking annoying speed and tone, they sound very bad...

Pete from Peru
fab   Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:03 pm GMT
I personally prefer the Spanish accents, maybe because as a European that's the one i've firstly learned - our teacher been generally Spanish.

I actually think that Spanish from Spain has a sort of "tragic" an ruguosity in it, and it fits well with the Spanish imaginary of desolated lands or corridas...

Latin american accents tend to seem "less serious", they are generally nice to ear, but express very different feelings.
Franco   Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:51 pm GMT
Creo que la mejor forma de español se habla en Australia, donde hay más hispanoparlantes que angloparlantes. ¡Quién se lo habría imaginado!
Ozie   Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:56 am GMT
<<A mí me gusta el español que se habla en la Federación Democrática de Australia. Me place tanto que cuando lo escucho tengo que taparme las orejas para evitar que mis palabras sean demasiadas bellas. (Eso podría molestar a los trabajadors tontos con los que paso el tiempo).

Creo que la mejor forma de español se habla en Australia, donde hay más hispanoparlantes que angloparlantes. ¡Quién se lo habría imaginado! >>

Ah, will you stop your nonsense and chidish remark, Franco. Spanish will never become widely spoken in Oz as English language has a firm grip there.

First generation Spanish speaking immigrants in Oz speak English to each other within the short time unlike in the US of A.

You cannot take away the English speaking countries and turn them into Spanish speaking. No way, just keep your mouth shut if you have nothing to say sensible.
Guest   Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:27 am GMT
i love the salvadorean spanish

pasame ese volado!
Greek   Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:53 am GMT
The silent spanish is the best spanish out there. It is as beautiful as peace itself.
real_Alba   Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:02 am GMT
The Colombian accent is the best. Puerto Rican one is second. Domenicans talk too fast. And Peruvian accent is cool too.
Pete   Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:22 am GMT
<<One word that sticks with me is the word for 'right'(or was it 'left'?) in Spanish. It was so much easier to say it using the South American accent as oppose to the Spaniard pronunciation.>>

Yes, well it was the word for 'left'. In Spanish that's 'izquierda'. Said in a Castillian accent the 'z' is pronounced with the same sounds as English 'th' in the words 'Thanks' (like in standard English, not in accents which pronounce it 't' like in certain places in America or 'f' like in London).

But Latin Americans, and Andalusians pronounce that 'z' just like a voiceless English 's'. So the pronunciation is easier. But in fact, it's just a matter of prectice.

Kind regards

Pete
Gabriel   Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:53 am GMT
El acento argentino al que se refirieron antes no existe. Existe un acento rioplatense, hablado en Buenos Aires, Rosario y Montevideo. El acento de un mendocino tiene más en común con un chileno que con un porteño. Y el acento cordobés es claramente distinto a cualquiera de ellos.

En cuanto a la pregunta, me agradan tanto el acento rioplatense (el mío propio) como el de Castilla, el mexicano DF y el cubano.
Comparto el rechazo hacia las variantes norteamericanas del castellano.

<<But Latin Americans, and Andalusians pronounce that 'z' just like a voiceless English 's'. So the pronunciation is easier. But in fact, it's just a matter of prectice. >>

Mi pronunciación es [ihˈkjeɾða]. En mi caso, la "s" no es como la versión inglesa sorda [s]. Sé que hay muchos latinoamericanos que pronuncian [isˈkjerða] pero me resulta un uso afectado o ceremonioso.
Kendra   Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:36 pm GMT
Argentinian SPanish is the most earpleasing ;)
It has that Italian rhythm pattern everyone likes.
Il slavo della laguna mor   Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:41 am GMT
Yes, I must agree. Argentinian spanish it's really nice to hear to. I just couldn't figure out what was it and now I get it, it's the large italian influence.
Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:54 am GMT
My favorites are Chamorro which is spoken in Guam and Marianas and Chavacano in the Philippines!!!!!
Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:55 am GMT
My favorites are Chamorro which is spoken in Guam and Marianas and Chavacano in the Philippines!!!!!
Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:57 am GMT
Guest   Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am GMT