Are you annoyed??? Tell us the truth!!!

Guest   Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:07 pm GMT
Tell us the truth: reading lot of messages in various forum, I've noticed that many people do not accept that their native language could be considered an easy language (it is the case of english speakers or even of some neolatin languages speakers...many people seem annoyed of reading in various posts of various forum of this website that they're languages are easy and that everyone could easly learn them)
Also, many people don't accept that they're language is understood by other people (it is the case, for example, of spanish and portouguese: portouguese speaker understand spanish but spanish have much difficulties in understand portouguese....It looks like spanish envy portouguese).
Tell us, come on.....is it so???? are you annoyed of this???
Come on come on tell me, please, let's start a new argument!!!!
LAURAM   Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:19 pm GMT
OF COURSE YOU'RE RIGHT! I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE THAT PORTOUGUESE SPEAKERS CONSIDER OUR LANGUAGE (SPANISH LANG. ONE OFTHE MOST IMPORTANT LANGUAGES IN THE WORLD) AS A GIFT!!!I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE THAT EVERY PORTOUGUESE SPEAKER TELL THAT HE (SHE) CAN EASLY UNDERSTAND SPANISH!!
AS A SPANISH SPEAKER I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I'VE SOMETIME GREAT GREAT DIFFICOULTIES IN UNDERSTANDING PORTOUGUESE WHILE EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND ME!!!
I BELIEVE THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!! I ENVY ALL OTHER LANGUAGES SPEAKERS!!!!
Pepi   Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:23 pm GMT
As a Spanish speaker I think you went staight to the point. It is envy. The greenest envy you can imagine. We can not understand Portuguese but they can understand us. Is this fair? Why is it that we do not have nasal vowels? Why are we reduced to plain vowels? And worst of all, why can't we understand any more than five vowel sounds? Or distiguish V from B? Who invented Portuñol must have been a Spanish speaker.
Porto   Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:33 pm GMT
As portuguese speaker I can say that.......yes it's envy!!!! We can understand spanish but you can't understand us!!!!!
Yes it's envy and me and all other portouguese speakers are really glad for this!!!!!!!
Alba   Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:13 pm GMT
I think Italians envy us for the same reason! We can understand their language very easily, but they can't understand ours! The same thing can be said for other languages of our neighbors in teh Balkans (whose names are not worth mentioning.) And also the same can be applied to Spanish, some of us can understand (at least some Spanish) but Spanish people may never understand Albanian!

In fact, I think the whole world is jealous of Albanian because we can pretty much learn any language if we really wanted to but you can never learn Albanian! ha

we win!
Guest   Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:21 pm GMT
non penso proprio!!!
Pete   Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:34 pm GMT
<<I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE THAT EVERY PORTOUGUESE SPEAKER TELL THAT HE (SHE) CAN EASLY UNDERSTAND SPANISH!!
AS A SPANISH SPEAKER I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT I'VE SOMETIME GREAT GREAT DIFFICOULTIES IN UNDERSTANDING PORTOUGUESE WHILE EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND ME!!!
I BELIEVE THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!! I ENVY ALL OTHER LANGUAGES SPEAKERS!!!!>>

Then you have a personality disorder worrying about something that's not important at all and that can't be changed in any way or form. The important thing is that if you go across the Atlantic and talk to a Chilean, you'll understand each other, go up to Mexico, you'll understand each other, go to the Fillipines, and you'll understand each other.

But what about a guy from Lisbon going to Belem, erm... ok let's try the capital city, hmm that's a little better, let'g go to Rio. Damn...

What about an English guy, a guy from Birmingham. He goes to America... He will find it difficult to make himself understood. go to New Zealand, hahahaha...

We Spanish speakers are lucky, stop complaining like a child.

Pete from Peru
Humpty Dumpty   Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:22 pm GMT
Pete

You have been living too much in this forum. Lisbon accent is understood in Brazil. In this forum everybody makes stupid comments about what they do not know.
Appart from regional vocabulary, there are no problems in understanding each other. If you had ever been once in your life to Lisbon you woud know that it is full of Brazilians that fully understand Lisbon accent. And if you go to Rio or São Paulo once in your life you will find out that there is a big Portuguese community in Rio and São Paulo and people do understand Lisbon accent when they happen to hear it. People from Rio or São Paulo can not distinguish Lisbon accent from the Brazilian southern accent.

Only a boor who thinks that a different accent is a different language, or that a different accent is something that does not happen in other languages makes comments: like Brazilians do not understand continental portuguese.
But you usually make clever comments, so you probably are just upset.
If you think "portouguese" are writing those messages, think again.
Hardy   Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:38 pm GMT
"Are you annoyed??? Tell us the truth!!!"

Guest, tell us the truth!! Did you enjoy your picnic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg7NsJyq6mo&mode=related&search=
Guest   Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:07 pm GMT
<<In fact, I think the whole world is jealous of Albanian because we can pretty much learn any language if we really wanted to but you can never learn Albanian! ha>>

I don't think anyone wants to learn Albanian, though. LOL. I'd rather learn the Pirahã language.
Alba   Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:12 pm GMT
pfff Guest...Albanian is too beautiful for you to learn! It would make you blind and deaf from the brilliance of it!!! loool

no but really even if u wanted to learn it u prolly cuoldnt :-)
Guest   Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:16 pm GMT
I don't think so. I could learn it easily if I wanted. It's just too gross of a language to bother with. Besides hardly anyone speaks it, so I wouldn't ever be able to use it. Pretty useless language, don't you think?
Alba   Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:19 pm GMT
you're gross "Guest" Albanian is too beautiful for you to learn! Besides, you can't learn it, no one can! even if u did learn the standard version, you still couldnt learn the other 12039489594 dialects we have. LOL
Guest   Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:26 pm GMT
The only reason you think people can't learn Albanian is because no one wants to so they don't even bother trying. It's the same reason that people don't learn African tribal languages. It's not because they're hard. It's because they're worthless.
Alba   Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:38 pm GMT
Albanian IS difficult to learn. even if they wanted to they still CANT! You're obviously jealous!

Are you Italian? cause Italian is a piece of cake to learn. Easier than English even, just attach a bunch of vowels to everything and *poof* you have a language! hahaha im j/k