How do you say "Gay" in your language?

Guest   Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:17 pm GMT
In the dignified french : androgame, giron, giton, homo, homophile, lesbien, mignon, uraniste.
Guest   Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:23 pm GMT
Mais le plus utilisé en France surtout par les jeunes c'est "PD" (ou "Pédé"), terme péjoratif pour désigner un homosexuel, construit à l'origine comme contraction du mot pédéraste.
(du grec ancien παιδ- / paid- « d'enfant » et ἐραστής / erastès « amant »)
Lidinha   Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:57 pm GMT
in Brazil we say ENTENDIDO (it means ''understood''). It is a neutral word. Gay is also used...
Mayra   Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:01 pm GMT
''pédéraste''

this means pedophile, no?
Guest   Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:20 pm GMT
I thought that some Spanish-speaking countries used "un loca" for a male. (Play on words--using the feminine form.)
Guest   Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:32 pm GMT
Я знаю, что ты просто создал эту тему потому что ты ненавидишь геев. Я ненавижу людей твоего вида! Если ты так сильно ненавидишь геев просто убей их!
utku   Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:49 am GMT
In turkish

gay = Escinsel
Lesbian = Lezbiyen
Fundador   Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:22 pm GMT
In the Philippines, it depends what province you live in, each province has their own dialect. But in the major languages

English : Gay/Lesbian
Spanish : Alegre/Lesbiana , slang : Maricon/ Lesbiana,Maricona, up to you how you wanna say it.
Tagalog : Bakla/ Lesbiana , slang : Bading / Lesbiana
Guest   Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:40 am GMT
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Fundador   Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:53 pm GMT
Who are you talking too?, The thread author is just asking how to say gay in other languages. Relax lol

And 245 LBS is skinny for a 6'4 :P

I am 5'11 and I am 250 LBS and a body builder, I can lift a barbel while standing twice my weight which is 500 LBS,could be more if I try. Also I am in Manila, Philippines and it was mandatory for me to serve the army and go through army training for 2 years plus go through 8 years of martial arts training from elementary upon graduation of high school lol. Size does not count, so drop it. Even though i'm pretty sure you're not talking to me, its just funny seeing someone like you starting to brag about " I am this I am that" hahaha!! I'll easily pop your lungs out in just one snap punch bud. That's for sure, you don't brag around when there is a Hispanic Asian around man! haha
Guest   Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:02 pm GMT
Oh yeah? I put on 10 lbs so I weigh 255 lbs now. I eat bodybuilders for breakfast and I'm hungry, so I'll skewer your heart with two of my fingers and blast it into a kebab it with a fart. You don't brag when there is a crazy man around who wants to drop you like a poop!
Pete   Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:45 pm GMT
<<"un loca">>

It's actually "una loca". And yes, we also use it here in Peru, and with the femenine set of words and stuff :D

Pete from Peru
puro   Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:45 pm GMT
in french,

un local
Guest   Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:37 pm GMT
<<in french,

un local >>

Un local... c'est quoi le rapport?
Désolé, si il y avait autant de similarités entre le français et l'espagnol, le monde serait plus simple...

--------------

Un local... what are the relationships with "loca"?
Sorry, if there was so much similarity between French and Spanish, the world would be simpler...
Guest   Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:58 am GMT
In tagalog,

Gay is bakla, bading, badaf, jokla (the last 2 are slang).

Lesbian is tibo, pards, tivoli.