Future of Spanish in the United States/Some Clarifications

Guest   Thu May 10, 2007 11:32 pm GMT
Hey "Classy", then why the national anthem is already in Spanish ?
Dude I know...   Fri May 11, 2007 12:42 am GMT
I live in California, and you're full of it. More channels in Spanish than English? Ha!

Haha. Silly rabbit 'cable / satelite television' doesn't count. I'm talking about regular T.V, where there's like 6 or 7 Spanish Channels.
Dude Who Knows   Fri May 11, 2007 3:22 am GMT
<<Haha. Silly rabbit 'cable / satelite television' doesn't count. I'm talking about regular T.V, where there's like 6 or 7 Spanish Channels.>>

I know what you were talking about, otherwise you would've looked REALLY ignorant. Don't you think there's a reason so many FREE channels are in Spanish?

Anyway, you said both that the majority of basic channels are in Spanish, but by your own count there are more English channels than Spanish. Which is it?
Dude Who Knows   Fri May 11, 2007 3:24 am GMT
I just thought I'd add that an estimated 85% of American homes have access to cable television. It's definitely the norm.
Guest   Fri May 11, 2007 2:13 pm GMT
<<That's a translation, it's not "official." You can translate the National Anthem in to Cherokee, for all I care, it doesn't mean squat.>>

Correct, but in how many other languages the national anthem has been translated into apart of Spanish ?
Guest   Fri May 11, 2007 5:31 pm GMT
Bueno....ni tengo idea
The Classy American   Fri May 11, 2007 6:29 pm GMT
<<Correct, but in how many other languages the national anthem has been translated into apart of Spanish ?>>

What are you asking about here?

Next time you go to a baseball game, a sport where a large percentage of the players are Hispanic, make sure to get there in time to hear the national anthem. Make note of what language it's in. I'll give you a hint, it's not in Spanish.

The was no widespread use of the national anthem in Spanish. It was recorded by two guys to inspire people at the illegal immigrant rallies. It has so little mainstream play that I've yet to hear it. When most legal Americans heard about the national anthem being translated in Spanish, there was extreme anger. Again, these are issues that are not going to be won by the Hispanophiles who want greater usage of the language in the United States. On this board, the importance of Spanish in the U.S.A. is greatly exagerrated by some.
At the end...   Mon May 14, 2007 7:30 pm GMT
Classy and American are not compatible words
The Classy American   Mon May 14, 2007 8:24 pm GMT
<<Classy and American are not compatible words>>

Of course they are, the United States is a very classy country indeed. One can only imagine what scummy country you're from that would prompt you to post such an anonymous attack.
Guest   Mon May 14, 2007 8:59 pm GMT
If the U.S is very classy, then this may explain why they only focus on how they look and not their intellect. Hah.

Europe is by far the most prestigious peninsula of the world.
The Classy American   Mon May 14, 2007 9:15 pm GMT
<<If the U.S is very classy, then this may explain why they only focus on how they look and not their intellect. Hah.>>

Sorry pal, but not only are we able to focus on our intellect, but we look good doing it, as well. Please refer to the list of noble laureates and tell me which country sits at the top.

<<Europe is by far the most prestigious peninsula of the world.>>

That might be a true statement, we were living in the year 1939.

You stay classy, Mr. Eurotrash.
to the crappy classy   Mon May 14, 2007 11:34 pm GMT
Of course they are, the United States is a very classy country indeed

BAUAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAH!!!!! People we have a new great comedian!!
American and classy cannot stay in the same sentence without making people laugh, but it is a very funny quip!
We can see ALL THIS CLASS in your messages! They are so refined!!
And what is classy exactly in US? Being an obese boorish warmonger? Or to be illiterated and a moron? Or an arrogant herdsman? Or to have the head FULL of stereotypes and thinking only basing on them? Or to perpetuate continuously in your movies stereotypes which are 100 years old still in 2007??? Or to be a psychotic phobiac? Or to have money as a real god?
Laureates?? WHAT?? WHAAATTT??? This is a joke. USA laureates are endless ignorant in comparison with ANY other laureate on Earth.
US Colleges are jokes.
You have the arrogance to say "third world" to the other countries, but the REAL cultural third world are YOU.
Your hate towards all which is not american is typical of your people, furthermore you are the worst racist and arrogant people on the planet. You are a shining example. What a class....

You stay classy, Mr. Americrap
Guest   Mon May 14, 2007 11:47 pm GMT
If America lacks class, why is America scientifically, economically, and militarily superior to every other nation on Earth?
furrykef   Tue May 15, 2007 2:36 am GMT
<< My God, the usually soup… when a english speaker has nothing smart to say (the majority of times), what they ALWAYS say? “you don’t speak english”, so boring. >>

By the way, you missed my point. I wasn't making fun of you because of your mistakes. I was making fun of you for making your mistakes at the very same time you were calling other people "illiterate".

- Kef
The Classy American   Wed May 16, 2007 2:41 am GMT
<<Yes because of your mental laziness and your famous narrowminded persons, or just because you are not smart enough. This “lingua franca” issue it’s an OOOOLD excuse!>>

Wrong on all counts. It's not worth our time to learn everyone else's useless language as we run the world.

<<Hispanics is a word that only Americans use, like “caucasic” and many other non-semse words.
Maybe you mean “Mexicans”.
There is not hate, there are criticism, and you don’t know the differrence. Every time there is a acriticism Americans think about hate. It is not strange, American psychosis is uninterupted in your history.
Why you are not able to stay at home? Why you cannot mind your own business and jump all over the planet to take war? >>

No I mean Hispanic, as the problem is not just limited to Mexicans

And a great many of our actions around the world help people.

<<Yes, and you are right my friend because Hispanics have even more harshe terms to describe you.>>

I doubt it. And your terms would undoubtedly be hilarious to hear.

<<GDP….yes only money counts, we know. This is the american way of judgement.
Don’t you ever think that it is OBVIOUS that a country which is big as a continent, with immense prime resources and which always put the hands on half the planet for its own interest and maintain them is rich? You would be the most idiot in the world if you didn’t succeeded in becoming the first economic power.
Don’t you think to the consequence of the third world countries? These countries are “third world” thanks to big powers.>>

Look, a lot of what we do is wrong, I'll be the first to admit that. But a lot of what we have achieved, we've done on our own.

<<Unfortunately I can read english well enough to understand your bullshits and I write it enough well since everybody here understand me without problem, except you and I am not surprised.
I am sure I cannot say the same about you…>>

I understand what you're saying for the most part, but your English still isnt very good.

<<Are you afraid to understand nothing uh? That’s the consequence to speak only a language! No, let’s change language, show us your knowledge, since you dare to criticize everybody. A classy person can speak AT LEAST one other language. Eviudently I am more classy!>>

I speak several languages, but again, we're on an English-speaking forum and I want everyone to see how much of an idiot you are.

Anyways, you could speak ten languages and you still wouldn't be as classy as I am!

<<I have mewrcy of you so I wrote this post with the only language you can understand (and which I don’t like. Would be this the reason for all my TREMEEEENDOUS mistakes?!).>>

You should work on your English, as it is the world's international language.

<<It’s quite funny. People can insult you and you’ll never understand, but I am too polite to do this.>>

And I can insult you in obscure languages and you'll never know the difference, as well. What point would it prove?

<<Mmmmhhhh….sincerely I checked but I did not find it, but I looked for “idiot” and here it is!>>

What's that, a picture of yourself? Good for you!

If you're such a tough guy, why don't you tell us all where you're from so we can have a good laugh?