what's your favourite Slavic language?

Guest   Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:27 pm GMT
once you've learnt a slavonic language, the others are a piece of cake. My favourite slavonic languages are Russian and Polish
Guest   Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:51 pm GMT
I am interested in other more beautiful and tasteful cakes!!
Guest   Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:55 pm GMT
Which ones for instance?
Guest   Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:11 pm GMT
Le polonais. Je connais certains mots. Je peux le lire même sans comprendre ce que je dis.

Comment se fait-il que tu le lises sans comprendre ce que tu lis?? Est-ce que tu connais les règles de prononciation de la langue polonaise??
latvitis (latvian)   Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:45 pm GMT
My favorite Slavic language is Russian, because of its nice soft consonants.
JLK   Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:45 pm GMT
I'd have to go with Russian too. The soft palatalized consonant sounds are awesome and unique to Russian. It's also the most useful language Slavic language. Russian has a cool factor, not just because of it's difficulty but it's association with espionage and the cold war.
Guest   Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:28 pm GMT
it's It should be its
JLK   Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:39 pm GMT
Neither of the above posts belong to me. Haha...moron. You corrected the wrong JLK.
Italian boy   Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:54 pm GMT
My order regarding slavic languages is:

Romanian
Serbo- Croat
Russian
Chech
Polish

the others not realy heard!
Guest   Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:38 pm GMT
Stupid italian boy. Don't you know that Romanian is a latin language??
Bye from Rome
JLK   Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:22 pm GMT
It's far from perfect and by 'it' I'm referring to you.

Why don't you reveal yourself? What screen name do you usually post under? I know you admire me and my mastery of the English language, but those are not good enough reasons to steal my identity. Are you the Puerto Rican who got so offended by my comments earlier on? Don't tell me you're still thinking about that Belgian languages thread. I must left a good impression...
Italian boy   Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:24 pm GMT
Why are you calling me stupid? I have been rading so many postings saying that Romanian is slavic and although by listening I understood somewhat Romanian, I thought it is just an international loan for both, Italian and Romanian...I'm not a linguist!

You are stupid and rude!
Guest   Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:47 pm GMT
I have been rading so many postings saying that Romanian is slavic

well, you're stupid twice! You ought to know that most people on this forum are ignorant and uneducated! Before posting, take a look at a good book of linguistics next time!