The easiest IE language (morphologically)

Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:42 am GMT
Spanish has got 8 indicative tenses, even though "hube cantado" is not that used. In my view the sequence of tenses is much more complicated in French or Spanish than in slavonic languages.

No queria que yo fuera
Cuando nieve no saldré
Me dijo que lloveria o iba a llover
quiero que salgas
Si se hubiera marchado no habria muerto
A pesar de que haya comido no logrò saciarse

An English speaking person may find this feature easier than a slav

Most of my slavic friends confirm this.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:47 am GMT
In English the adjective poor also means scarse, scanty, short, lacking in something etc.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:00 am GMT
But my first language isn't English.

If your mother tongue is Catalan, Spanish verbal system is a piece of cake for you.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:12 pm GMT
All in all, it's difficult to say which language is more complicated and which is not.

That's partly true. All these discussions about the easiest or the hardest language are silly and childish, I totally agree and I even suppose that most people who talk about this kind of topics, in this forum, are teens or very unexperienced people linguistically. On the other hand, when we compare different languages from a morphological point of view, we can really analyse the different grammar elements of one or more languages (verb and noun endings, verbal tenses and moods, personal pronouns, articles and so on) and one language may indeed be less rich than another within the morphological context. This does not mean that one linguage is more difficult than another in absolute terms. For instance, I don't think at all that English is easier than Arabic or Croatian, even though the English morphological system is quite simple.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:14 pm GMT
The easiest language is Italian. Believe me.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:22 pm GMT
Italian? In my view Italian is quite hard, but it depends on your mother tongue. Spanish is easier both phonologically and grammatically but this is my personal point of view. I can speak both
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:27 pm GMT

First of all, can you speak it? Could you explain the italian easiness from a linguistic point of view? You had better write in Italian I suppose you can speak perfect Italian
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:34 pm GMT
Yes, I do, but I use English to practize it , since it's more difficult than Italian.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:38 pm GMT
what a smart answer! Congratulations. You must be a clever boy!
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:40 pm GMT
I know it but thanks anyway.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:44 pm GMT
Are you still in the nursery school or are you already attending the primary school?
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:57 pm GMT
"The easiest language is Italian. Believe me.

First of all, can you speak it? Could you explain the italian easiness from a linguistic point of view? You had better write in Italian I suppose you can speak perfect Italian "

No because he/she farts idiocies with his/her mouth instead of another hole.

"Are you still in the nursery school or are you already attending the primary school? "

Nursery I think, because nursery is enough to learn English and write idiocies on this forum
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:05 pm GMT

You need badly to stop drinking. Believe me.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:07 pm GMT
morphologically: Can you translate this to your language:
Quiero Y No Quiero querer
--------------------------
Quiero y no quiero querer
a quien no queriendo quiero
he querido sin querer
y estoy sin querer queriendo.
Si porque te quiero quieres
que te quiera mucho más,
te quiero más que me quieres
¿Que más quieres?
¿Quieres más?
Te quiero

and this one:
La mar.¡Qué bonita es la mar!
con sus olas de escollo
donde vive el centollo
y también el calamar.
It rythems. Esta la pongo porque tiene gracia.

So i think spanish is a 'complete' language but of course it has some weaknesses too.
Guest   Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:46 pm GMT
English:
I want and I don't want to love

I want and I don't want to love
someone I love without wanting
I've loved with no wanting
And without wanting I'm loving
And because I love you ,you want
For me to love you even more
I love you more than you love me
What more do you want?
Do you want more?
I love you

I'm sure you thought you got us with this one. My humble opinion is that French and English are much more "complete" and with even less weaknesses than Spanish.It's just my opinion . I find Spanish really hard to express in,and lacking many words and constructions that English and French have to offer.