strongest foreign accents

Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:03 pm GMT
Which is the strongest and more peculiar foreign accent in your native language.

In mine:

British and American
French
Russian
German
Brian   Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:08 pm GMT
In my native tongue (which is English), French, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, and Korean speakers generally have thick accents (sometimes nearly unintelligible). The clearest accents are generally those of Scandinavian and Dutch people.
Brian   Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:10 pm GMT
...by the way, what's your native language, Guest?
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:23 pm GMT
Idiot thread... and there are even people answering to it!!!
The fest of the generalization
furrykef   Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:25 pm GMT
Middle Eastern and South Asian accents can be pretty thick in English, too.
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:29 pm GMT
In my native tongue (which is English), French, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, and Korean speakers generally have thick accents (sometimes nearly unintelligible). The clearest accents are generally those of Scandinavian and Dutch people.

I suppose Spanish speaking people can speak perfect English
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:34 pm GMT
I suppose English speaking people can speak perfect Spanish with no accent
Brian   Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:42 pm GMT
<<I suppose Spanish speaking people can speak perfect English>>
I did not say that. I don't hear many Spanish-speakers speaking English other than the ones who live in the United States and their English seems to be quite good (probably because it's all around them). Many Italians and Frenchmen that I have heard have terrible pronunciation. I'm sure that people in Spain have shit pronunciation too. Is that what you wanted to hear?
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:02 pm GMT
You are talking nonsense and compliments for your finesse. Every people speaking a foreign language can't speak like a mothertongue of that language.
Evidently you are not aware of the English pronunciation (particularly the American one) in Spanish, Italian and French which is worst than terrible, often horrible.
Is that what you wanted to hear?
Brian   Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:06 pm GMT
<<You are talking nonsense and compliments for your finesse. Every people speaking a foreign language can't speak like a mothertongue of that language.
Evidently you are not aware of the English pronunciation (particularly the American one) in Spanish, Italian and French which is worst than terrible, often horrible.
Is that what you wanted to hear? >>

I think you're an idiot and you're delving too deeply into this. The poster asked what foreign accents sound strongest, and from my point of view I answered him. It cannot be denied that Swedes generally have much more native-sounding pronunciation than Italians or Koreans for example.
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:11 pm GMT
Speaking English people usually speak latin languages like dogs!
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:22 pm GMT
I think you're an idiot and you're delving too deeply into this. The poster asked what foreign accents sound strongest, and from my point of view I answered him. It cannot be denied that Swedes generally have much more native-sounding pronunciation than Italians or Koreans for example.

Well, on the other hand I'm sure you are a dickhead.
poster asked what foreign accents sound strongest, and from my point of view I answered him.
Englishmen have the thickest accent when speaking in French, Italian or Spanish. Have I to repeat?
You are a boor and probably you have to wash your ear very well if you only think to compare a Korean speaking English (which speak a non-indoeuropean language) to an Italian speaking English.
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:38 pm GMT
I'd say English and French
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:46 pm GMT
English, French, chinese
Guest   Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:47 pm GMT
English and German