one vowel sounds like "er" without "r"?

Kirk   Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:21 am GMT
<<So what makes you believe "most/all English speakers" pronounce the first "ss" set as [s]? I've never heard this pronunciation.>>

Oops! Typo on my part above. Of course I meant [z]. So sorry for the confusion!!!
Felix the Cassowary   Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:21 am GMT
<<Aussie is in the same category of spelling as Missouri; "Mizouri" v "Misouri".>>

When I'm indisputable Overlord of Whole World, you will be forbidden from saying the word any way other than /Ozi/, on pain of pain.

(PS: It is inevitable that I will become indisputable Overlord of the Whole World, so I strongly recommend that you obey my every whim already, lest my minions have something to say about it!)
Confucius   Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:31 am GMT
Wise man once say: Cassowary need to be able to fly before it can become overlord...

... and pigs might fly!
Uriel   Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:22 pm GMT
You can be Overlord of the Whole World, Felix, if I can still be Empress of America. I have a few changes I would like to implement around here, and I would also like to have several strong young men in loincloths carrying me everywhere.

As for the Aussie/Ozzie thing, I'll see what I can do -- have your minions call my minions.
Jim   Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:19 am GMT
I've only got one minion but he's a hard worker. He's at work now on that "Aussie" problem. I'm Underlord of the Whole Word by the way.