jackass or jerk?

Guest   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 am GMT
Aidan, seriously. I don't like your usage of "In this world, WE ARE NOTHING", but I don't rant about it.
It's your problem. Who cares.
Why do you care so much about Americans?
Live and let live. Give yourself a break.
Aidan McLaren   Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:03 am GMT
We are nothing. We are no thing, there is no greater purpose to us, we are smaller than a grain of sand compared to the universe, pretty much "nothing". How is "we are nothing" a bad usage? It is in my opinion, the best usage of the term.

Why do I care about Americans? It's not that I dislike all of them, just a vast majority of them make me shake my head.
Guest   Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:24 pm GMT
First; you're using "we are nothing" to really express "YOU are nothing", like here: >Aidan McLaren Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:36 am GMT< and second; when you say: "IN THIS WORLD we are nothing", it means that IN OTHER WORLD we are something/everything/whatever; in my mind this makes you a dangerous religious fanatic.
Aidan McLaren   Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:37 pm GMT
Nooo, I was definetly expressing "we", as in the whole collective of mankind along with myself.

"IN THIS WORLD" was me stressing to the individual of the world you live in.

You looked too deep into that to try make me look bad. Calling someone "a dangerous religious fanatic" is a needless ad-hominem.
Guest   Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:20 pm GMT
<<"IN THIS WORLD" was me stressing to the individual of the world you live in<<

I do not understand this part; care to explain some more?
Aidan McLaren   Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:43 pm GMT
"IN THIS WORLD" was stressing this world, the world you live in, it was not implying any other world apart from Earth.
Guest   Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 am GMT
My comment was NOT an ad hominem attack. I never wrote "you ARE a drf".
What I wrote was: "when you say (write/use): "IN THIS World...."; in MY MIND this makes you a drf.
I don't think you necessarily ARE drf, just your usage of words suggests that to me.
If you're not, good for you.

Another thing; whwn you say: "WE are nothing" it means you and me (and everybody else).
Well, I'M NOT nothing.