Is English A Sexy Language?

English Simplicity.   Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:56 pm GMT
To a native English speaker and American, the sexiest languages would most likely be the popular romance languages, such as French, Italian or Spanish.

However, how many people, native and nonnative, believe that English has a sexy quality or complex to it?

I find it very intriguing how foreigners perceive a certain language, whether it is through its syntax or phonetics.

English. Is it sexy or not?
j'adore   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:00 pm GMT
Personally, I think English holds its own when it comes to sexiness.
Adam   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:01 pm GMT
"To a native English speaker and American, the sexiest languages would most likely be the popular romance languages, such as French, Italian or Spanish. "

That's not true.

English is a more beautiful language than French, although Italian is quite nice.
Ren   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:03 pm GMT
mmmmm its a matter of opinion Adam.

I personally like French followed closely by Italian and Spanish. LOL even how the French speak English with their accent is sexy... Uh la la la!!
Sander   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:07 pm GMT
Personally, I think German sounds sexy, although it leans towards 'kinky'.For me Dutch just is the most sexy language, can't explain why you'd have to hear it (maybe I'll post a sample). French.. hmm I think it sounds 'dirty' not sexy per sé.

English, like with many things sounds plain neutral to me.
Adam   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:08 pm GMT
To me, French is a silly language.

Any language that puts "le" or "la" next to an English word (le weekend, l'hotdog, le silly boy) isn't sexy.

A Frenchman would chat an Englishwoman up like this -

"Ooooh, bonjour, ma little pretty. Vous avez les beautiful titties! Je peux touch them, s'il vous plait? You want to venez to ma maison et drink some vin rouge?"
Yonrico   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:08 pm GMT
"I love you."

Enough said.
Ren   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:09 pm GMT
<Personally, I think German sounds sexy, although it leans towards 'kinky'>

LOL kinky eh? I like I like!! ;)
Un français   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:11 pm GMT
It just cracks me up how the Anglophones see us as people who say "Oulala !" all the time! :-) Very funny stereotype.
An American   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:14 pm GMT
While the Francophones see us as people who say "Dude!" and "Howdy."
Un français   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:21 pm GMT
" While the Francophones see us as people who say "Dude!" and "Howdy." "

The Americans are very relaxed! :-)
Un français   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:23 pm GMT
*American
Another french   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:25 pm GMT
An american,

We don't know you so i don't see how we could think you all the time say: Dude, howdy...

You think you're too important.
Ren   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:25 pm GMT
For me I must admit of all English accents the ones I don't find 'sexy' is the Australian and the South African accents.

Oh did I mention South London too??
An American   Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:28 pm GMT
Another french,

If you read carefully,

You would have seen that I was merely replying to Un français' post that the French are stereotyped as saying "Oh la la!" all of the time. In other words, I was saying that every language has sometype of stereotype.

And for the record, I don't think I'm "too important."