Pronoun use

MollyB   Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:50 pm GMT
Antimoon:<<MrPedantic Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:34 am GMT>>

One minute earlier, Mr P:

Lydbury: Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:42 am Post subject:
MrPedantic   Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:04 am GMT
Your arithmetic is a little askew, old boy. 11:34 is 8 minutes earlier than 11:42.

MrP
Guest   Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:27 am GMT
<Your arithmetic is a little askew, old boy. 11:34 is 8 minutes earlier than 11:42.>

So it only took you eight minitues to think of your "extension"? Not bad.
MrPedantic   Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:01 pm GMT
<So it only took you eight minitues to think of your "extension"? Not bad.>

Hasty posting only leads to spelling mistakes and faulty arithmetic, old thing.

MrP

PS: I'm rather surprised this thread hasn't yet received a visit from Pos, M56, Bridget, etc.
Pos   Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:53 pm GMT
<PS: I'm rather surprised this thread hasn't yet received a visit from Pos, M56, Bridget, etc.>

Hasty posting can also be a sign of faulty eyesight:

<<Pos Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:13 pm GMT >>
Guest   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:04 am GMT
You killed it here, Josh:

<We don't need three threads on the same topic. I'm deleting the other two. >
Trevor   Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:40 am GMT
<We don't need three threads on the same topic. I'm deleting the other two. >

Thing is, the topic was not the same in each.
MrPedantic   Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 pm GMT
It would be more productive to discuss the subject here, than to complain that you can't discuss it elsewhere. For instance:

<In #2, the focus of concern is the act of dancing. In #1, the focus of concern is that that particular person is dancing.>

Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

MrP
MollyB   Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:51 am GMT
<It would be more productive to discuss the subject here, than to complain that you can't discuss it elsewhere.>

Which subject? There was more than one. That's why I posted three threads.

BTW, I'm surprised to find you over here, after you criticised the usefulness of this forum and the capabilities of its members.

What are you doing here?
MrPedantic   Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:43 pm GMT
<Which subject? There was more than one. That's why I posted three threads.>

It seems most improbable that the subject of this thread cannot be discussed without reference to the other two threads. You would surely have combined the three, if that had been the case.

If on the other hand the subject of this thread *can* be discussed in isolation, the fate of the other two threads is immaterial.

I suggest that you resume the original discussion. If the deleted material was relevant, it can no doubt be incorporated in your reply.

MrP
Pos   Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:44 am GMT
<<<<It seems most improbable that the subject of this thread cannot be discussed without reference to the other two threads.>>>

As you didn't see the other threads, you'll never know, will you? So, you are speaking from ignorance.
Guest   Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:46 am GMT
<<<I suggest that you resume the original discussion.>>>

I suggest you cease with your sucking up to the moderator and go back to the fora you love to control.
TrollBuster   Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:37 am GMT
I saw those three threads, there were three questions on the same subject. You can discuss the subject in general in a single thread.

But since trolling started as soon as in the fist page and all you seem more interested in trolling than getting opinions on your questions, you don't need three threads, one is enough for trolling.

And it's going to be locked as soon as Josh notice it again.
Guest   Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:33 pm GMT
<I saw those three threads, there were three questions on the same subject. You can discuss the subject in general in a single thread. >

Really? Can you name the topic line and describe subject of each of those other two threads? I think not.
MrPedantic   Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:32 pm GMT
<...you are speaking from ignorance...>

Well, you don't seem very interested in a discussion of your original question; so I'll leave you to your fulminations.

Have a pleasant evening, old chap.

MrP