Who we are
Antimoon was created in 2001 by Tomasz P. Szynalski and Michal Ryszard Wojcik. We are two guys who learned to speak English impressively well (better than most people with English degrees and almost as well as native speakers) in less than 3 years. In the process, we came up with a number of ideas for effective learning. Those ideas are explained on this website.
We live in Wroclaw, Poland. Tom has a Master’s Degree in business administration. He is also an English-Polish translator. Michal is a mathematician and a former English teacher. He used to run his own language school. Since 2004, Antimoon has been run by Tom.
- We want to tell people how to learn English effectively. Many people have asked us “How did you learn English so well?”. This website is the answer.
- We want to motivate people to learn English. We love English, and we think it is the best language you can learn.
- We want to explain English to people, especially the important things which are often ignored by teachers (such as pronunciation).
Why should you listen to our advice?
We think our advice can help you to learn English well, because:
- We’ve been in your situation. There was a time when our English was poor, and we wanted to improve it, just like you.
- We have succeeded. We have learned English very well through our learning methods.
- We have helped others (our students and friends) learn English well, too.
(Read more on why you should listen to our advice)
What is special about us
- We’ve learned English through our own work, so we know how to do it.
- We think that learning English should be pleasant. English classes and grammar exercises are not the best ways to learn English.
- We know psychology is important. We tell you how to improve your motivation for learning English.
- We teach modern learning techniques, such as spaced repetition.
- We talk about both American and British English.
- Our articles are written in simple, clear language.
- Our website is fast and easy to use. We don’t have 50 advertisements on every page.
In our articles, we sometimes recommend commercial products that we like — products that make it easier to learn English. Our learning methods are the most important thing to us, and we never recommend a product if it is not compatible with our learning philosophy.
(Read more about our policy for product recommendations)
Antimoon uses the free SoundManager 2 API by Scott Schiller and the Flash MP3 Player by Eric Heunthep for audio playback.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.