"confirmation"

Mohammed Asad Khan   Sunday, March 24, 2002, 20:55 GMT

I'd just like to drop on a very short candid central idea about my learning ways. There have been a few ways, Infact, they are normally adopted from this website. what you think are you interested in, why not? Take a look at it!

- I've got a supermemo, appending news words and repeating them on daily basis.

- There are so many online English dictionaries, which provides a complete phonetic transcription, definitions, and by all means, lots of correct English
sentences. To be candid with you, reading English sentences gives you a real booster to understand words on a right track. Once you know it well when,why and where a word is used. I bet! you'll see a real progress.

- I've also had a personal dictionary, which is also provided English sentences and some basic information about that particular word.
such as Antonyms, synonyms, verb forms and on and on !

- I've a cable network at my home, my cable operator provides me lots of English channels such as CNN,BBC,FOX SPORTS, SKY NEWS, DISCOVERY,
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC and MOVIE channels.
What can I say, this is the vital opportunity for me to improve my listening power, trying to note down complicated words on a piece of paper, and then, Of course, add them to supermemo.

- I'm learning both American and British phonetic transcriptions, hitting my personal text books, of course, reading the internal first and foremost.

Now I'm holding my impatient horses, I've become a patient learner, accumulating right inputs. I'm learning English slow and steady, I have just shut up my mouth. Okay this has been a simple central idea so far.

I just want to shift Tom's attention from the town to the surrounding hills.
I have no folks around me whom they talk with me in English. Okay, no problem, I'm learning English myself, could you tell me, what should be the "confirmation" after working out 1 year. Will I be able to communicate In English? whenever a person asks a question, will I have to give an answer in English?

annon.   Wednesday, March 27, 2002, 16:52 GMT
and repeating them on daily basis.

on a daily basis . on daily basis, what's the difference?
shut up my mouth?
Tom   Thursday, March 28, 2002, 22:45 GMT
> what should be the "confirmation" after working out 1 year.

I'm sure you will be able to tell that your English is getting better.

When learning English, I experienced many signs showing that my English was improving. Here are some examples:

- I was able to understand most of a newscast on CNN
- I was able to read an American book and understand most of it, recognizing the difficult words that I knew
- I was able to understand the definitions in my Random House dictionary
- I was able to pronounce the [@] sound like an American
- I was able to solve a multiple-choice test in 30 seconds without thinking about grammar rules

etc.