Sentences need correction by native speakers.

Imran   Friday, April 25, 2003, 18:08 GMT
I've to find from native speakers about the following sentences.

.1 He's having a shower.
2 They're having showers.

3 They're having a shower

4. He eats like a horse.

5. They eat like a horse.

I've to find out from native speakers whether the following sentences are correct or not.

1.He's having a shower.

2.They're having a shower.

3.They're having showers.

4.He eats like a horse.

5.They eat like a horse.

6.They eat like horses.

In sentences 2 and 3 they're having shower in different bathrooms.I'd like you to tell me with explanation which of them are correct.Besides, do correct me if you find any grammatical mistakes in anywhere in this text.
mjd   Friday, April 25, 2003, 18:12 GMT
1 He's taking a shower.

2 They're taking showers.

3 They're taking a shower. (this would be if they were in the same shower together)

4. He eats like a horse.

5. They eat like horses.

I'd use the verb "to take" when discussing showers.

"They eat like a horse" should be "They eat like horses." (plural)
hp20   Friday, April 25, 2003, 18:57 GMT
"they're taking a shower" would imply togetherness, such as in a locker room or something. "they're taking showers" implies that there was more than one bathroom involved.
Jim   Tuesday, May 06, 2003, 02:58 GMT
... or there could be more than one shower in the bathroom.

I'd agree with mjd except there's nothing wrong with "to have a shower" for me. Either "He's having a shower." or "He's taking a shower." is okay.

"They eat like a horse." sounds very odd but you could get away with it if you have a particular horse in mind but as all horses tend to eat in the same way you probably wouldn't really mean that.

"... if you find any grammatical mistakes in anywhere in this text." is wrong you don't need the first "in" it should be "... if you find any grammatical mistakes anywhere in this text."