I Need Help From The Native Speakers.

A.S.C.M.   Monday, September 22, 2003, 23:56 GMT
Or a nice neutral "BBC" style accent. How about trying a DW (Deutsche Welle) style German-English accent?
Chris   Tuesday, September 23, 2003, 14:55 GMT
Well, I have studied American English and I want to teach English here in my country so I think it's better to learn an American accent

I'm watching CNN and CNN Finance to start to work on this accent, but I will not sound like a journalist reading the news, Will I???
Jamie On   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 19:32 GMT
Lots of CNN presenters have British accents. Don't watch that channel anyway, it's totally biassed.
Chris   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 20:57 GMT
Really? well I did'nt know, thank you, what channels or programs would you recommend that I watch? What about E entertainment?, do people overthere really speak that way? with that intonation? please update me
wassabi   Friday, September 26, 2003, 03:07 GMT
cnn rox...sort of.....once in while...
mjd   Friday, September 26, 2003, 07:21 GMT
Jaime On,

I could see you saying that about Fox, but I don't think CNN is that bad when it comes to that. He's also looking to improve his accent, which has nothing to do with CNN's reporting.
Jamie On   Friday, September 26, 2003, 09:21 GMT
CNN is the worst of the lot, I wish they would take it off the air. They have no room for anyone's suffering but the Palestinians, they have a totally biassed agenda, don't watch it. As for Fox, :- ) it goes without saying that it is biassed, isn't that a Republican channel full stop?
Simon   Friday, September 26, 2003, 10:05 GMT
CNN is pro-Palestinian??? Stone the crows?
Jamie On   Friday, September 26, 2003, 11:25 GMT
It's not a question of being pro-Palestinian, it's a question of balance.
Imran.   Friday, September 26, 2003, 16:49 GMT
Once I raised the same question about adopting BBC accent because I'm a teacher,but almost everyone on this forum suggested being proud of one's own accent as it doesn't count for non native speakers and the only thing that really matters is correct pronunciation.Why this contradiction today?
Please let me know about my mistakes in this text if you come across any.