More French in English than You Think

wassabi   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 03:44 GMT
not that im from new york, but i woulndn't say that stuff about the place. i could easily go around saying some of the...cough, cough.....not so good stuff about san fran
A.S.C.M.   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 07:51 GMT
Let me alter my post about San Francisco, then. I must admit that it the city is quite rotten. I must have been completely out of my mind when I posted that last message.

My Current Advice:
Don't visit San Francisco or New York!
Visit PORTLAND, Oregon!!!
A.S.C.M.   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 07:55 GMT
Portland is reputed to be one of the cleanest cities in the United States, though there probably are much cleaner urban areas in Canada.

As for Nice, I can't positively guarantee its cleanness, but I do believe that any city in France would be better than Paris. On a second thought, probably you should stop by in Paris for a few hours to visit the museums, then hop on a plane and escape from the sardine container.
wingyellow   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 08:15 GMT
The public toilets will be real dirty if there are Chinese. Because Chinese people are so concerned about their own cleanliness, they squat on the toilet bowls instead of sitting on them.
Boy   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 15:33 GMT
Interesting facts and figures. Sounds like everything is not true what we read in books.
To A.S.C.M.   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 15:36 GMT
Visit Lyon, Rennes, Toulouse, Strabourg and Nantes in France: when I was in France I visited those cities and they are really nice and clean place!
Da Frogg   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 17:47 GMT
Paris may not be clean everywhere, it still is one of the most beautiful cities I know.
Just don't follow the stupid travel-books etc. Wander around and admire. I live in the suburbs, go to Paris almost everyday and rarely feel being a sardine :o) But I did in Florence, in Rome, in Barcelona.

Toulouse is dirty and Lyon is snobbish.
But Rennes is a very young (universities, etc.) and enjoyable city. Nantes is pleasant too.
Marseille is not to be visited.
Irvine   Thursday, September 25, 2003, 19:20 GMT
I would advise to foreigners to visit Nantes, Lyon and Starsbourg because these cities are really beautiful and you can see many things very representative of the different parts of France there. And these cities are quite clean and pleasant.

On the other hand, I hate Paris and Marseille. I do not especially hold a grudge against parisians or people from Marseille in particular, but the whole cities are very unpleasant to live in.
Californian   Friday, September 26, 2003, 02:37 GMT
All you freakin idiots THANK GOD you aren't coming to San Francisco, where I live! Dumb tourists with their huge cameras and stupid maps sticking out of their shirt pockets. We have the homeless brigade to scare you away!!!!

HAHAHAH I loathe tourists.... yet I love the European and Asian ones LOL I just can't stand American tourists!! However, thank you for giving us your money, now please stop asking where Union Square is WHEN YOU ARE RIGHT FREAKIN' IN FRONT OF IT YOU MORON!!!!
wassabi   Friday, September 26, 2003, 02:55 GMT
holly shcacomlly! anyways...you know a place really, really not clean? Naples, Italy
To Da Frogg   Friday, September 26, 2003, 08:06 GMT
What what what???? Toulouse is dirty??? I really don't agree! If you love Rennes because it is a student city, you will probably love Toulouse too. Moreover the weather in Toulouse is really nice, and its inhabitants are cool.
To Wassabi   Friday, September 26, 2003, 08:25 GMT
The dirtier cities I know (is "dirtier" right??????) are Naples (Italy), Palerme (Italy), Marseille (France- what an horrible city) and Manchester (UK- very horrible too).
Da Frogg   Friday, September 26, 2003, 12:59 GMT
Well, my opinion about Toulouse can change... What I saw there was kind of dirty but I have to agree that the place is sunny and the people really nice (and so is the accent).
As it's a big city (800 000, I guess, which is big for a French town), it cannot be great everywhere and I guess where I went weren't the best places.
On my previous message, I forgot to mention Metz and Nancy, which are very nice too.

Anyway, for me, the best place is Paris (even with its tourists, even with its hysterical inhabitants...).
Simon   Friday, September 26, 2003, 13:03 GMT
Paris is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. It is like London but prettier.
Sima   Friday, September 26, 2003, 20:05 GMT
Da Frogg
Which district in Paris do you like the most ?