COLLINS COBUILD CD-ROM

MARIA   Wednesday, January 28, 2004, 06:54 GMT
I want to know if by buying only the CD-Rom version of the Collins Cobuild i will be missing some info that may be included in the paper dictionary. In other words, i need to know if the info contained both in the CD-Rom and the paper dictionaries is the same, apart form the fact that the CD-Rom does not contain phonetic transcriptions.
Regards,
Maria (Spain)
Tom   Wednesday, January 28, 2004, 12:19 GMT
The CD doesn't have the "Access to English" section or the section with pictures.
Maria   Wednesday, January 28, 2004, 14:48 GMT
And if i buy the dictionary that includes the CD-Rom, is this CD-Rom the same as the one that comes on its own? Does it have any difference?
Thanks
Tom   Wednesday, January 28, 2004, 18:37 GMT
As I wrote in the review, the CD-only version (the "Resource Pack") also contains a thesaurus, and English grammar and English usage references.
Paul   Thursday, January 29, 2004, 00:31 GMT
Hi Maria.
Have a look at Cambridge Pronouncing dictionary with cd-rom. I believe it's also reviewed here as well. I personally prefers cambridge over Collins cobuild when it comes to software dictionary because it has got more useful features.
Szabolcs   Friday, February 06, 2004, 00:35 GMT
I also have a question. Do I need the CD in the drive to work the dictionary after installation?
Tom   Friday, February 06, 2004, 15:46 GMT
No, you don't.
Szabolcs   Saturday, February 07, 2004, 12:19 GMT
Thanks for the info. :)