Two or more people.

John   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 01:56 GMT
Sometimes there's just got to be something to say instead of you in this situation. Which one of these do you use or if you don't use one of these then which one would you use if you had to.

You all
you guys
yous
youse
y'all
yas
yinz
Jim   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 02:43 GMT
I'd normally just say "you" and if that weren't clear enough, "all of you", but if I had to choose one of those on your list "you all".
mjd   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 04:12 GMT
In formal situations I'd say "you" or if need be, "all of you." In informal situations I often say "you guys."

I never say "y'all." (I'm a Northerner)
TNNND   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 04:21 GMT
I use ''you guys'' or ''you all''.
Emvi   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 04:24 GMT
I use "all of you" or " hai guys"
Garr   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 04:39 GMT
All of those sound crazy except for the first two.
Garr   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 05:10 GMT
All of them sound really slang except for the first two.
nicolas   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 09:21 GMT
I will say "you", i had an american teacher who said all the time "You guys"
mjd   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 10:16 GMT
"You guys" is a popular informal way to address two or more people in the U.S. I say it all the time.
DJ Breeze   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 16:19 GMT
If it is singular, then I say "You". If it is plural, then I say "Hey, assholes!"
Paul   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 16:54 GMT
I would say, "you guys", "you gals" or "you people" as long as it wasn't in a situation where it would be misinterpreted as Racial comment.
I would use "you all" where it makes sense as in "You all have to go"

Regards, Paul V.
..   Thursday, February 19, 2004, 19:54 GMT
I say ''you guys'' and I say ''you all'' when it's a more formal situation.
Ness   Friday, February 20, 2004, 05:52 GMT
I used to say "you guys." I think it has a lot to do with where you are living. In 3rd grade I moved to Mississippi from New Mexico. "Y'all" in a deep southern accent didn't sound appealing to me. I didn't use it at all, the five years I lived there. When I moved to Texas in 9th grade, I heard "y'all" used with a more neutral accent. So, I started it using it. I had an art teacher the next year that would always say "You all" in place of "y'all." It bugged me, because she obviously had a Texas accent, and it seemed like she was trying to be more proper. "Yous", etc. are something they say up north, I guess, and sounds weird to me. What the crud are "yas" and "yinz"? I guess a foreigner's best bet would be "you guys."
Jim   Friday, February 20, 2004, 06:44 GMT
My guess is that the foreigner's best bet would be "you".
mjd   Friday, February 20, 2004, 08:13 GMT
Not to sound like an elitist, but "yous" is perceived as sounding rather low-class.

For foreigners learning English: When in doubt, use "you."