Bathtub vs. Bath

Chilli   Wednesday, March 31, 2004, 11:40 GMT
Then explain this sentence to me: "I bath the dog."

Subject: I
Verb: bath
Object: the dog

Or what about: to bath (the infinitive verb)?

You would find that said all round Yorkshire and undoubtedly beyond. Just because it is not in your dictionary does not make it wrong. Just because I do not choose to use 'bathe' does not make me wrong.

As for Chilli, it's my name. Would you correct someone called Skye and say that it should be 'Sky'? No, probably not. Or are you going to correct every else's name on here? Again, probably not. Why correct mine? If it is what I am called, who are you to contradict it? And what do you know... if you look it up in the dictionary, it is considered to be an acceptable variant of Chili, Jon.
John   Wednesday, March 31, 2004, 19:57 GMT
I never hear people use ''bath'' as a verb. I always hear ''bathe''.
mjd   Wednesday, March 31, 2004, 19:59 GMT
John,

What he's trying to tell you is that in Yorkshire people do use it as a verb. It's a dialectal difference. Let the man speak how he wants!
John   Thursday, April 01, 2004, 01:51 GMT
Yeah, I looked up ''chili'' in the dictionary and got ''chili'' also chile or chilli. The first one is obviously the most common. The second two just look like slang spellings.
Drohtberg   Thursday, April 01, 2004, 14:48 GMT
Chile is a country.
Drohtberg   Thursday, April 01, 2004, 14:50 GMT
Chilli is a very hot and finely tapering pepper of special pungency.
Drohtberg   Thursday, April 01, 2004, 14:52 GMT
Chili is a ground beef and chili peppers or chili powder often with tomatoes and kidney beans.

Chilli, Chile, Chili are all correct spellings. John you seem to think that you know more than you really do.
Danger Mouse   Thursday, April 01, 2004, 22:02 GMT
Chilly is cold!

And bath is a verb.

Ner ner na ner ner