K.I.S.S.

General_Ricardo   Saturday, May 08, 2004, 15:19 GMT
I got this sentence off an email:
"For all, K.I.S.S. it next time (anyway you want to interpret KISS and it is fine, enjoy)"
You guys have any idea what K.I.S.S. means?
Julian   Saturday, May 08, 2004, 15:49 GMT
K.I.S.S stands for "keep it simple, stupid," or more politely, "keep it short & simple."
General_Ricardo   Saturday, May 08, 2004, 18:28 GMT
Taking the fist meaning into account, is it kinda calling someone a stupid, or calling the idea or whatever stupid. I need to know that because I think I'm about to kick some ass.
Julian   Saturday, May 08, 2004, 19:37 GMT
It's not "kinda calling someone a stupid" it IS calling someone stupid. But the expression has become such a common catch-phrase (especially in management seminars and self-improvement books) that nobody takes offense to it. In fact, it's become a slogan for simplifying your life, your interpersonal relationships, and the way you conduct business. So I advise you to relax and not kick some ass. :)
General_Ricardo   Sunday, May 09, 2004, 05:07 GMT
fake Smith,
it's " I'm you and you are me" not " you are I". I say youre fake Smith, because the true Smith wouldn't make such a mistake. Right true Smith?
Willy   Sunday, May 09, 2004, 05:55 GMT
I've written what Genaral_Ricardo said. Some grammarians say "It's I, not It's me". What's happening with "you're me, not you're I?

Personally I accept both forms. "It is (me as a noun, not a pronoun) or (I as a noun, not pronoun).

My correct way is: "It, am I? or It I am."
Jim   Monday, May 10, 2004, 04:57 GMT
I might take offence if someone thought that they needed to resort to such a jingoistic cliché to get their message across especially one that condescendingly calls me stupid.
Willy   Thursday, May 13, 2004, 02:24 GMT
Jim, you are the only man that makes cliché. I'm facing the real wolrd. Polish your Polish accent in English.
General_Ricardo   Thursday, May 13, 2004, 03:24 GMT
BTW, what's cliche mean?
Jim   Thursday, May 13, 2004, 04:20 GMT
General_Ricardo,

cliché [Show phonetics]
noun [C or U]
a comment that is very often made and is therefore not original and not interesting:
My wedding day - and I know it's a cliché - was just the happiest day of my life.

clichéd [Show phonetics]
adjective
He made some clichéd remark about the birth of his first child completely changing his life.

cliché-ridden [Show phonetics]
adjective
containing a lot of clichés:
a cliché-ridden speech

http://www.dictionary.cambridge.org/results.asp?searchword=cliche&image.x=34&image.y=10

Willy,

What?
Conan Rock   Thursday, May 13, 2004, 06:36 GMT
>You guys have any idea what K.I.S.S. means

Keep It Short & Simple
Keep It Simple Systems
Keep It Simple, Saint
Keep It Simple, Sir
Keep It Simple, Statistically
Keep It Simple, Sweetheart
Keep It Simple, Sweetie
Keep It Small and Simple

:)
Jim   Thursday, May 13, 2004, 07:07 GMT
Keep It Stupid, Simpleton
Damian   Thursday, May 13, 2004, 11:10 GMT
K(nowledge) I(s) S(o) S(atisfying)
Damian   Friday, May 14, 2004, 21:52 GMT
Yes, Bravo..we are all completely, irredeemably crazy, pal! We.........

Keep Imitating Someone Silly
Someone   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 01:02 GMT
Someone silly that is smarter than us. Don't look at his face if you don't hear his voice.