article use

Yuh   Monday, July 05, 2004, 03:15 GMT
Which is correct or which one do you prefer? Note that the "CPU board" used in the sentence is not a specific board but a general one the company produces.

The development schedule of CPU board is ...
The development schedule of the CPU board is ...
Mi5 Mick   Monday, July 05, 2004, 08:17 GMT
The development schedule of a CPU board is ...
The development schedule of the CPU board is ...
The development schedule of CPU boards is ...

One may be chosen over the either depending on the context. If you want to know, post the whole passage relating to this.
Yuh   Monday, July 05, 2004, 09:15 GMT
I created the above sentences myself, so there is no original English. But the contenxt is roughly as follows.

A semiconductor company in Japan develops a starter kit that contains a CPU board, an on-chip debugger, a compiler, etc. The company decided the core CPU board would only be developed in Japan and it could be shared worldwide. Then people in Japan want notify ovcerseas offices of the new policy and say that the CPU board development schedule would be provided at a monthly meeting so that overseas engineers would know what types of the CPU would come next. (Here, too, I wonder if this should be "what types of the CPU" or "what types of CPU (or CPUs?)".)

I hope the above explanation will help you understand my situation. In this case, which of the three selections you provide would be the best??

Thanks.
Mi5 Mick   Monday, July 05, 2004, 09:31 GMT
"...the CPU board development schedule..." is correct because it's relating to the CPU board contained in the kit being developed.

"...what types of CPUs would come next" is correct.

"The development schedule of the CPU board is ... " will refer to this scenario.