Differences Between American and Castilian Spanish

Eugenia   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 16:17 GMT
Xatufan: Es verdad, las novelas de otros paises son malísimas (bueno obviamente sabes de que paises estamos hablando), ultimamente aca están pasando ''Lazos de Familia'' una de Brasil y ''Mi gorda bella'' ¡¡¡¡Y SON TERRIBLEMENTE MAAAALAAAAS!!! Pero ''Carita de Ángel'' es hermosaa, me acuerdo de chiquita cuando la vi y lloré en el último capítulo, juas.
virgilio   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 16:56 GMT
Eugenia, Xatuufan dice que le gustas mucho por tu forma de escribir (el es un idiota)
Juan   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 23:43 GMT
Virgilio,

Es un nino, dejalo en paz. Tiene 13 anos.
Eugenia   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 23:46 GMT
Virgilio :
Punto 1: Tengo 19 años y Xatufan 13
Punto2: No se que poner en el punto 2.
Punto 3: Tengo sueño.
Punto 4: Ja, estoy re estúpida.
Punto 5: Virgilio si vas a decir algo que sea interesante pelase.
C u later alligator!
Xatufan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 02:09 GMT
1) Eugenia, pensé que eras mayor.

2) Eugenia no me gusta. (No tiene sentido, no la conozco...). Virgilio se lo inventó todo.

3) Virgilio es un idiota. Bueno, la verdad, era mi mejor amigo. Yo le conté sobre Antimoon y las inteligentes personas que escriben aquí, y ahora no hace más que molestarme por la web.

4) Virgilio es la misma persona que Natufan (aquel Xatufan impostor)...
Xatufan otra vez!   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 02:12 GMT
Juan: Gracias por defenderme (that's a defence?). Pero si tuviera 13 anos, ¿por cuál haría caca? Dijiste "anos". Ja, ja, ja. LOL

Eugenia: Lazos de Familia... That sopa opera was broadcast here 2 years ago... And Gorda Bella has just finished...
Eugenia   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 02:19 GMT
<<Eugenia: Lazos de Familia... That sopa opera was broadcast here 2 years ago...And Gorda Bella has just finished...>> Yes I know that, but they are repeating it. Luz clarita is also quite old.
1) Eugenia, pensé que eras mayor...¡¡¡No!!!, Nací el 27/05/1985 :)
2) Eugenia no me gusta....Porque no me conocés, jaja, ¡¡Chiste chiste!!
Juan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 02:47 GMT
Xatufan,

<<¿por cuál haría caca? Dijiste "anos". Ja, ja, ja. LOL >>

I have an English keyboard and haven't being motivated enough to find out how to insert the Spanish accents and symbols. I hope that explains it.

<<Pero si tuviera 13 anos, ¿por cuál haría caca?>>\

So what exactly are you tring to tell me. You lied to me. You are not 13. How old are you then? I'm 23 by the way. I'm older than both you and Eugenia. Hehehehehehe :-) Respect your elders which means in future you will refrain from giving me lip. *evilgrin*
Juan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:18 GMT
<<somehow we've ended up speaking of the dignity of native peoples >>

Was I doing that? I thought I was telling it like it is, which is not often the case outside Latin America. I probably was a little to self-indulgent in the amount of detail and length of my posts but other then that I thought it was fine.

<< often considered inferior to European cultures. >>

By whom? Certainly not by "us". By Europeans, yeah. But then again they just about looked down on every other people and cultures present all over the Earth and went about treating them with the same contempt.
Juan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:35 GMT
<<of breeding with "inferior" (i.e. darker) races>>

Boy, I'm sure glad that you put the word inferior in quotation marks.

<<and brainwashed them into self-loathing.>>

This sort of thing is more prevalent within the upper-class members of society such as the oligarchies and its acquaintances. I can’t generalise and say this no longer takes place but this sort of behaviour is almost unheard of amongst common folk like myself. :-)
nic   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:46 GMT
What's the point guys? Que esta el problemo?
Jordi   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:49 GMT
<<somehow we've ended up speaking of the dignity of native peoples >>

I know it's difficult to explain everything and to make everybody happy. I was answering Xatufan who was accusing me of belonging to some kind of "organisation". So, messages must be read in their context.

<< often considered inferior to European cultures. >>

By whom? Not only by Europeans. I can assure there is an even greater amount of self-hatred amongst "criollos" and "mestizos" as I explained in a previous mail. I've met far too many Central and South Americans who deny having even a drop of native blood and you've only got to look at their faces to see they have beautiful faces, which were carved centuries before the Europeans arrived. It suffices for them to adopt European clothing and language to make them forget where they belong and who they are. And I am, of course, absolutely on your side Juan and not on the other. Having light skin, green eyes and light brown hair doesn't make me any better than any other human being. Just for the record since people are important for what they are inside and not inside. Thanks God, many people in the all continents think the same way you or I think. Perhaps we shouldn't speak abouth these things in such a short space lest we forget to put quotation marks and give a wrong idea of what we are and what we mean.
Jordi   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:51 GMT
"for what they are inside and not outside." It's the one forum where I can't edit my messages properly.
nic   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:57 GMT
Jordi, you said :

"Thanks God, many people in the all continents think the same way you or I think."

About which continent were you talking about? In an old post, you said many french feel superior when they come to Spain. I don't think like that of course. At list, some english (not all!) feel the same, i mean they feel superior when they come to France or any other latin country.
Every country has its own quota of idiots.
Nic   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 11:06 GMT

Nic:
Are we or aren't we all saying the same thing? I agree with you that every country has its own quota of idiots. Human kind, as one species, should learn to respect the different tribes that make it up. We all belong to certain tribes (quite often called nations) but let us hope we are not too tribal in our behaviour. There will always be people who feel superior to the rest, within and outside their country. Let's trust that it will be less and less so in the future. The good thing about a forum, with people from all over the world, is that we can learn to know and to respect each other.