General_Ricardo   Tuesday, October 12, 2004, 03:57 GMT
What's the name of the person who takes you to your table when in resturant?
P.S. I don't mean "waiter" or "waitress"
Mxsmanic   Tuesday, October 12, 2004, 05:18 GMT
In the U.S., in nice restaurants, this person is often called the "maître d'" (pronounced [meItr@di], which is short for maître d'hôtel in French. In more casual restaurants this person is simple called a host or hostess.