Wallonia must be part of FRANCE

Fredrik from Norway   Monday, January 24, 2005, 15:16 GMT
And Belgium should not be ashamed of not having had a golden time since 1600. It is not your fault! Norway too would just have been a dump if liberty had not fallen from the sky in 1814!
Louvain-la-neuve   Monday, January 24, 2005, 15:17 GMT
Hi,

I want to answer the flemish: NO!! I am not Pierre Cardoit!!

I read your suggestions concerning Bruxelles.
If Bruxelles became flemish, I can assure you that the francohones would be prevented from speaking french...You don't know the flemish, I see...

In the site of the belgian newspaper "Le Soir", there is a very interesting picture: http://www.lesoir.be/rubriques/belg/page_5168_294672.shtml

The signs are normally bilingual, but the flemish erase the french words
You can see the same thing happening everywhere in the bruxelles' suburbs. They will never admit that Bruxelles is inhabited by 85% of francophones today and that they are a minority in this city.

But in the suburbs they try to take a revenge, as you can see...
Tiste   Monday, January 24, 2005, 15:56 GMT
Louvain-la-neuve ,
<...You don't know the flemish, I see... >

it's YOU that don't know the Flemish .

WE HAVE FACILITIES FOR YOU ALONG THE LANGUAGEBORDER, BUT DO YOU HAVE FACILITIES FOR US ?!SHORT ANSWER : NO !

WHY DO YOU THINK YOU'RE SO F**KING SUPERIOR TO US ?

I'M SURE IF BRUSSELS TURNS FLEMISH , YOU COULD ALL REMAIN TALKING FRENCH ( THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT )! IF BRUSSELS TURNS WALLOON THE FLEMISH WOULD HAVE TO LEARN FRENCH AND KEEP FLEMISH INTO THEIR HOMES ( THAT'S WHAT WORRIES ME ! YOU WOULD SLOWLY WIPE OUT FLEMISH FROM BRUSSELS ).

This tics me off ! These things make me so angry!And what do you do when that happens? You just use a dumb excuse by calling us agressive.

WE'RE EQUALS !!! NO MORE , NO LESS !!! IT'S TIME YOU UNDERSTAND THAT !!!
Louvain-la-neuve   Monday, January 24, 2005, 16:28 GMT
Tiste

Oh yes, we're equal. I agree with you.
Too bad that the flemish around Bruxelles don't understand that.
I've never seen a walloon erasing flemish traffic-signs...
I don't think we should "wipe out the flemish from Bruxelles" since there is almost no flemish living in Bruxelles (bruxelles is a francophone city which will never accept to be run by an independent Flanders).

Oh Thank you for the great "facilities" you give us. But you know it's a bit normal that Walloons living in the "Fourons" have "facilities" since these cities have always been Walloon in the history, and that they were STOLEN by Flanders to Wallonia when the linguistic frontier was established. Do you intend to give these cities back us???
Tiste   Monday, January 24, 2005, 17:24 GMT
And how about

Edingen , Klabbeek, Waterloo , Eigenbrakel , Wavre , Borgworm , Rebecq , Flobecq , Comines ( Komen ) , Dalhem , Mouscron ... ?

Those we're STOLEN by Wallonia... ( And it's look to me you are still marching up the language border....)
Tiste   Monday, January 24, 2005, 17:30 GMT
Why do you think Flemish people in Brussels do these things ? They are scared !!! ( What once was a Flemish city , now turned Walloon !!! )
20 years ago , people in Sint-genius-rode saw a Walloon once in a while , but now the place is swarming with them ...
Tiste   Monday, January 24, 2005, 17:34 GMT
What is going to happen with the German-speaking part of Wallonia ?????
Tiste   Monday, January 24, 2005, 17:44 GMT
Hey Louvain-la-neuve , are you from Ottignies ( or something like that, I don't know how it's spelled :p )
Louvain-la-neuve   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:30 GMT
Tiste

No, I'm not from Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve, I have already said I'm from Tournai near Lille. I chose this name because it's a symbol of our fight.(by the way I have read that Pierre's father was one of the numerous walloon students fired by the flemish of the university of Louvain...sickening!!)

The small german-speaking minority will self-determine: If they choose to stay in Wallonia or to separate from us. After all, they were annexed after WWII to punish Germany...but I think they will decide to stay with us, anyways let's them decide on their own...

As for Bruxelles, No it's not turning Waloon. It was the original flemish population who decided to adopt the french language instead of the flemish one!!! Look at the family names of the bruxellois: almost all of them are flemish!!! You can't take that flemish people have choosen to speak french. What do you want to do?? They adopted the french language, you and I can't prevent them from speaking french instead of flemish!! Or try to teach them...

The cities you have enumerated were mainly inhabited by francophophes at the time (I have to admit it has changed in mouscron today), whereas in the fourons the population was only francophone!!! There were no flemish in the fourons!! This annexion is illegal!!!
Kenny   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:39 GMT
@ Louvain-La-Neuve

h!h! now you make me laugh :-D If you read the article you would see why the french names are erased! It's because you wanted that regions , FLEMISH REGIONS !!!!! YOU'RE CAPTURING FLEMISH CITY'S STEP BY STEP BUT WE WON'T LET US DOWN !!!!
Kenny   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:42 GMT
All the Walloons are sick people ! Always defending themselves by calling surnames! You can't defend yourself on a normal way? Their are Walloons that have a Flemish Surname ! Are that Flemish people? According to you YES !!!!
Louvain-la-neuve   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:54 GMT
No they are walloon!!
I said that the bruxellois used to be flemish speaker, but then they decided to speak french: Its not a walloon invasion.
You don't understand the word nation!!
It's not because you have a flemish name that you should feel flemish.
In France for example a lot of people have foreign names, and they feel quite french!!
Louvain-la-neuve   Monday, January 24, 2005, 18:55 GMT
What's more the bruxellois are neither walloon nor flemish!!!
Tiste   Monday, January 24, 2005, 20:08 GMT
Just because you're a francophone , doesn't mean you're not Flemish ( look to people from Lille, they don't speak Flemish ( altough some do ), but they consider themselves Flemish ....
Fredrik from Norway   Monday, January 24, 2005, 22:21 GMT
Louvain-la-neuve:
You said about the
"As for Bruxelles, No it's not turning Waloon. It was the original flemish population who decided to adopt the french language instead of the flemish one!!!"

Well, why do you think they adopted French? Maybe because all university studies were in French untill the 60s (am I right?) and French was the passport to power, wealth and influence in Belgium untill the post-war years, if I have understood Belgian history correctly.

But of course, that the original ppulation of Brussels was Flemish once does not give Flanders the right to claim Brussels today, unless you apply a Nazi Blut-und-Boden (blood and soil) ideology!