Austrailian British and American

Kris   Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 01:47 GMT
I used to work for a multinational companies where we have all types of accent. In a typical meeting, you will have an Australian, a Brit, an American, a South African, a dutch, Malaysian/ Singaporean. No problems understanding each other at all despite all the varieis of accents.
Frances   Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 02:18 GMT
""I can wager £10 that if an American and an Australian were in the same room as a Geordie or a Scouser they would not be able to understand anything that the Geordie or Scouser says."

Americans can't understand a single thing that both Paul McCartney and Sting say, you're right. To what address should I send my 10 pounds?"

Well I understand everything that Paul McCartney says and I am Australian. There is also a well-known comedian by the name of Ross Noble (who is a Geordie) that performs a lot of gigs in Australia and I can understand everything he says as well. Am I missing the point here?
Bob   Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 02:48 GMT
American interviewers and their audiences understand everything Sting and Paul McCartney say.
Ryan   Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 03:03 GMT
I was being sarcastic. McCartney and Sting are perfectly understandable by Americans, and a Scouse and Geordie respectably. Adam should be the one paying me.